• Monday: Lavera Sauer, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Rose Catheard, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 2:29 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Scott Myers, no age or address given, on an Ottawa warrant.
• 3:42 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Main Street, Jeremy Glayzer, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal damage to property.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 7:42 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of K-68 in Franklin County, a 36-year-old Pomona woman reported the theft of her foster daughter’s Nintendo DSI.
Police Department News
• 11:40 a.m. Monday, 800 block of South Burroughs Street, an Ottawa man, no age given, reported an unknown suspect damaged a window to his residence.
• 7:23 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Poplar Street, a 49-year-old Baldwin City man reported an unknown suspect had damaged windows on the bus stop.
• 12:03 p.m. Monday, 600 block of South Willow Street, a 77-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole tires and rims off his trailer.
• 1:55 p.m. Monday, 200 block of South Main Street, a 60-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her vacuum cleaner.
• 2:01 p.m. Monday, 300 block of East Second Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her car and stole items.
• 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect used his identity to make purchases.
• 11:26 a.m. Monday, 300 block of North Main Street, a semi-trailer driven by Kevin Van-Denzen, 36, Thomasville, N.C., struck a road sign owned by the City of Ottawa.
• 5:55 p.m. Tuesday, U.S. 59 and 21st Street, a vehicle driven by Thomas Smith, 90, Ottawa, was turning onto South Princeton Street when it was struck by a motorcycle driven by Shawn Atkins, 25, Ottawa.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 3:17 p.m. Monday, 1120 S. Ash St., firefighters investigated a report of a smoke odor. No fire was reported.
• 2:09 p.m. Tuesday, 416 S. Willow St., authorized controlled burning.
• 5:55 p.m. Tuesday, South Princeton and East 21st streets, responded to the scene of a motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:59 p.m. Monday, Jackson and Virginia roads, Cutler firefighters responded to a grass fire and then returned to the scene at 5:37 p.m. when the grass fire rekindled.
• 6:31 p.m. Tuesday, 2049 Indiana Road, Williamsburg firefighters investigated a report of a gas smell.
• Firefighters responded to six medical calls Monday.