Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:33 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., James T. Kent, 26, Topeka, on a Franklin County warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Michael Coleman, 44, Wichita, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 7:02 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Oak Street, Clayton P. Wasson, 49, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a 20-year-old Overbrook woman and on suspicion of domestic battery against a 56-year-old Ottawa woman.
• 11:05 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Mulberry Street, Karen J. Foltz, 20, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a 24-year-old Ottawa man.
• 1:59 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of East Ninth Street, Jerry Russell, 54, Linwood, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container. Jamie Stout, 55, Baldwin City, also was arrested on suspicion of transporting an open container.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 2:48 a.m. Friday, 1691 Pawnee Road, deputies responded to a house fire near Pomona. The fire, which might have been caused by a faulty wood-burning stove, was estimated to cause more than $1,000 in damage, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
• 11:17 a.m. Thursday, 3400 block of Osborne Terrace, an 85-year-old Ottawa man reported about 15 gallons of gas and diesel fuel were taken from a tractor and two grain trucks sometime last week, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 12:12 a.m. Friday, 2800 block of I-35 in Franklin County, a 2005 International tractor-trailer driven by Robert Weir, 43, Lake Ozark, Mo., was southbound on I-35 near milepost 185 when it caught fire. The truck was a total loss, and the trailer had no visible damage, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 12:14 a.m. Friday, Love’s Travel Stop, 203 E. 27th St., store employees reported a theft from Dec. 9.
• 4:18 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Logan Street, Brenda Tegtmeyer, 61, Ottawa, reported an unknown suspect’s vehicle struck her vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, suspicious activity; I-35, milepost 198, assist outside agency; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, traffic complaint.
• Thursday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 600 block of Oak Street, animal complaint; 400 block of Main Street, assist outside agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 2:53 p.m. Wednesday, 421 S. Maple St., firefighters responded to a residential fire.
• 5:50 p.m. Wednesday, 421 S. Maple St., firefighters responded to a residential fire.
• 12:05 a.m. Friday, I-35, milepost 185, firefighters assisted Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters in extinguishing a burning tractor-trailer.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Wednesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Thursday.