• Friday: Jessie Turner, Princeton.
• Sunday: Fannie Ainsworth, Ottawa.
• Friday: Hazel Shoemaker, Ottawa; Jessie Turner, Princeton.
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:50 p.m. Friday, 100 block of North Center Avenue, Melinda M. Raleigh, 24, Williamsburg, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 12:42 p.m. Saturday, 1900 block of I-35 in Franklin County, Justin Smith, 34, Williamsburg, on suspicion of driving while his license was revoked after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 12:48 a.m. Sunday, Eisenhower and Kingman roads, Rodney Nichols, 41, Lyndon, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:07 p.m. Friday, 1200 block of College Street, Denney L. Gillett, 42, Pomona, on suspicion of violating a no contact order.
• 4:17 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Kathryn Emerson, 30, Vasser, on suspicion of theft and obstruction of the legal process.
• 4:46 p.m. Friday, 500 block of North Cherry Street, Chelsey D. Soto, 18, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery.
• 9:29 p.m. Friday, 300 block of North Locust Street, a 17-year-old Ottawa girl reported she was threatened with a firearm. Derik Johnson, 19, Wellsville, later was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault in connection with the incident.
• 3:34 a.m. Saturday, East Logan Street and Bennett Road, L.B. Dovel II, 26, Dearborn, Mo., on suspicion of driving under the influence after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 11:40 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of North Main Street, Jason Floyd, 41, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and transportation of an open container.
• 10:59 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of North Mulberry Street, Dustin Floyd Sr., 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal possession of a firearm.
• 1:46 a.m. Sunday, 1300 block of South Cedar Street, Blake Davies, 20, Lebo, and Jacyn Dawes, 19, Garden City, both on suspicion of transporting an open container of alcohol and underage consumption/possession of alcohol. Kaitlyn Thornburg, 21, Scott City, also was arrested on suspicion of transporting an open container of alcohol and furnishing alcohol to a minor after the vehicle they were in was stopped for a traffic violation.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 4:14 p.m. Saturday, 8 SW. Fairview Drive, responded to a structure fire. A 33-year-old Ottawa man reported his vehicle caught fire in the garage. The fire caused minor damage to the garage wall, as well as smoke damage.
• 5:11 a.m. Sunday, 4387 Vermont Terrace, responded to a structure fire. A 62-year-old Wellsville woman reported a fire occurred in the tack room on her property. The cause and a damage estimate were unknown Monday.
• 7:26 p.m. Friday, 2400 Riley Road, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported a burglary occurred sometime between March 29 and March 31 at a property in the 2400 block of Riley Road. Estimated loss was $3,350.
• 11:32 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of John Brown Road, a 29-year-old Williamsburg man reported an unknown suspect broke into his barn and stole several tools. Estimated loss was more than $4,000.
• 10:53 a.m. Friday, K-68 and Vermont Road, a 2002 Hyundai Elantra driven by Steven Ambert, 46, Rantoul, was westbound in the 4400 block of K-68 when it struck a deer.
• 3:43 p.m. Friday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, a Chevrolet Camaro driven by James Brannan, 35, Ottawa, backed into a Toyota Corolla driven by Jon Sitlington, 54, Ottawa. Both drivers exchanged information.
• 4:50 a.m. Saturday, Labette Road and Indiana Terrace, a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am driven by Dylan Conklin, no age or address given, was traveling east on Labette Road when it struck a deer. Conklin also was issued a notice to appear in court on suspcion of driving with a suspended driver’s license, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 2:40 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of South Sycamore Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa man was taken into protective custody after making suicidal comments, according to a police report.
• 8:56 p.m. Friday, 100 block of South Willow Street, a vehicle driven by Anthony Zitnik, 40, Ottawa, was backing out of a driveway and struck a parked vehicle owned by William Ferguson, 24, Pomona.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 1100 block of Poplar Street, verbal disturbance; 100 block of Hedge Lane, assist other agency; 800 block of Main Street, trespassing complaint.
• Saturday: 500 block of Main Street, special assignment; 600 block of Elm Street, found property; 200 block of East Eighth Street, animal complaint.
• Sunday: 700 block of Main Street, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:45 p.m. Friday, 1421 S. Oak St., unauthorized burning.
• 10:58 p.m. Friday, 400 W. Keokuk St., assist other agency.
• 4:02 p.m. Saturday, 1440 S. Maple St., assist other agency.
• 10:50 p.m. Saturday, 1332 N. Sycamore St., firefighters responded to a mobile home fire. Fire caused an estimated $500 damage to the unoccupied structure, according to a fire department report.
• 11:38 p.m. Sunday, 124 S. Maple St., assist invalid.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.