In a matter of minutes, the house was engulfed in flames.
The two-story house at 4679 Eisenhower Road, about 8 miles north of Ottawa, was a total loss, Lt. Curtis Hall, with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, said Wednesday.
The home caught fire about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, he said. Allis reported the fire, and the Centropolis Fire Department responded and had mutual aid from the Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison, Pomona and Wellsville fire departments, along with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office and Franklin County Emergency Medical Services.
The cause of the fire was electrical, Swank said Wednesday.
“It started on the southeast corner [of the house] where the electrical box was,” Swank said.
No one was in the house at the time of the fire and no one was injured fighting the blaze, Swank said.
A damage estimate on the structure was not immediately available.
Michael and Tammy Voigts were listed as the owners of the property, according to the Franklin County Appraiser’s Office website.
Allis was moving to the house from another area in Franklin County, Hall said Wednesday.