• Sunday: Earl Foushee, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Lori Allen, Wellsville; Dorothy Fitzgerald, Ottawa.
• Friday: Frank Mance, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Mary Lu Burgoon, Ottawa; Shirley Wilson, Ottawa.
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 11:19 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Miles McWhorter, 29, Vassar, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:09 p.m. Saturday, 3200 block of K-68, Jeremiah Rhodes, 25, Osawatomie, on an Indiana warrant.
• 12:23 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of South Hickory Street, Dayton Walter, 18, Lincoln, Kan., on suspicion of driving under the influence and minor in consumption of alcohol, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:29 p.m. Sunday, Pomona Dollar General Store, 409 W. Franklin St., Pomona, Brian Bender, 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill at the Dollar General Store and other locations in Pomona and Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report. After a Dollar General clerk refused to accept the $20 bill from Bender, he left the store and later was arrested by Ottawa police officers in connection with several counterfeit bill incidents, according to the sheriff’s report.
• 11:58 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Corrie McSwane, 38, Ottawa, on six Anderson County warrants for failure to comply with a court order, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:19 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Steven McAbee Jr., 26, Kansas City, Kan., on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:19 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of East Fourth Street, Colton Sobba, 20, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:54 p.m. Tuesday, 2300 block of Pawnee Road, Terry Jacobs, 30, Ottawa, on a City of Pomona warrant.
• 6:48 p.m. Tuesday, 3100 block of K-68, David Martin, 23, Williamsburg, on suspicion of making false information, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:50 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Heather Dempsay, 32, LeRoy, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Sycamore Street, Sherri Ferguson, 21, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:13 p.m. Saturday, Pawnee and Utah roads, a vehicle driven by John Franks, 43, Fontana, Calif., stopped when he smelled smoke and discovered his rear passenger wheel was on fire, according to a sheriff’s report. The vehicle caught fire and was a total loss, the report said. Franks was not injured.
• 11:40 a.m. Saturday, Williamsburg Fuel Mart, 460 John Brown Road, a 49-year-old Williamsburg man reported a theft from the store. Loss was estimated at $20.
• 2:12 p.m. Monday, 3200 block of Virginia Road, a 51-year-old Wellsville woman reported an unknown suspect entered her unlocked garage and stole a purse from a Ford Explorer. The purse and most of its contents were located in the 2900 block of Virginia Road, according to a sheriff’s report. Loss was estimated at $1,200, the report said.
• 9:34 a.m. Tuesday, 3800 block of Utah Terrace, a 55-year-old Overland Park woman reported a fiberglass cow sculpture valuated at $3,500 was stolen from a barn on a piece of property they own on Utah Terrace.
• 9:36 a.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East Central Street, a 31-year-old Garnett man reported a King Cutter mower valuated at $1,400 was stolen from a lot owned by the City of Richmond in the 200 block of Central Street, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 9:56 a.m. Tuesday, Wil-mart, 215 W. Franklin St., Pomona, a sheriff’s deputy investigated a report that someone used a counterfeit $20 bill, possible on Saturday, to purchase items.
• 11:03 a.m. Tuesday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, an employee reported the store received two counterfeit $20 bills.
• 2:46 p.m. Tuesday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, an employee reported an unknown suspect drove off without paying for $10 in fuel.
• 10:24 a.m. Sunday, Arkansas and Ellis roads, a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis driven by Christopher Knockemus-Oleson, 23, Shawnee, was traveling northbound when he lost control and struck a concrete guardrail. Knockemus-Oleson was arrested on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 9:36 p.m. Monday, K-68 and Florida Road, a vehicle driven by Debra Griffith, 60, Pomona, was westbound in the 1000 block of K-68 when a deer came from the north side of the roadway and struck her vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. Griffith was not injured and was able to drive away in her vehicle.
• 7:34 a.m. Tuesday, Iowa and Stafford roads, a 2012 Toyota Camry driven by Betty Simpson, 44, Baldwin City, was turning east off Iowa Road onto Stafford Road when she struck a 2006 Toyota Corolla driven by Sonya Wiltz, 30, Centropolis.
• 9:22 a.m. Tuesday, Montana and Riley roads, a 1997 Ford Ranger driven by Derik Bond, 18, Ottawa, was traveling in the 4200 block of Montana Road when he lost control of the vehicle on a curve and it crashed. There were no injuries, and the vehicle was totaled, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 5:16 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of South Main Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa man reported damage to a building and theft of items.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 400 block of Aspen Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, suspicious activity; 800 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Sunday: K-33 and Woodson Road, medical call; 800 block of Main Street, fireworks complaint; 200 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 300 block of Maple Terrace, animal complaint.
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:36 a.m. Friday, 311 E. 11th St., smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• 4:01 a.m. Sunday, 421 S. Elm St., carbon monoxide detector activated. No incident reported.
• 11:24 a.m. Sunday, 1100 W. 15th St., smoke or odor removal.
• Firefighters assisted with 21 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 6:13 p.m. Saturday, Pawnee and Utah roads, Cutler firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 9:03 a.m. Sunday, East 15th Street and Montana Road, Lincoln-Ottawa-Harrison firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 11:51 p.m. Sunday, 314 N. Center Ave., Williamsburg firefighters investigated a report of a gas smell.
• Firefighters responded to four medical calls Friday through Monday.