• Monday: Sherilyn Eichman, Garnett.
• Tuesday: Janice Coombes, Ottawa; Linda Walters, Ottawa.
• Monday: Darlene Schraeder, Ottawa.
• Baby girl, 6 pounds, 8 ounces, to Samantha Leeman, Baldwin City.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of South Main Street, Christopher Smith, no age or address given, on two Johnson County warrants.
Police Department Arrests
• 3:59 Monday, 900 block of Hemlock Street, Jackie Clifton, 56, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:37 a.m. Tuesday, 2600 block of Kingman Road, an employee with the Franklin County Road and Bridge Department reported copper wiring valued at $42 and a key were stolen from a water pump located at a quarry in the 2600 block of Kingman Road, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Indiana Road, a 69-year-old Ottawa man reported two 5-gallon containers of gasoline were stolen from his shed. Estimated loss was $60.
• 12:26 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 69-year-old Kansas City, Mo., woman reported someone stole property from a residence in the 300 block of Cedar Street in Lane. Estimated loss was $4,315.
• 5:32 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East Central Street, a 57-year-old Richmond man reported someone stole wheels from his yard. Estimated loss was $1,200.
• 6:50 a.m. Monday, Old U.S. 50 and Rock Creek Road, a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Brenton Hanson, 28, Ottawa, was northbound in the 2300 block of Old U.S. 50 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 8:02 a.m. Monday, 800 block of I-35, a 2006 Acura driven by Marcie Magee, 41, Williamsburg, was northbound in the 1800 block of I-35 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, Old U.S. 50 and Ellis Terrace, a vehicle driven by Linda Davis, 65, Williamsburg, was northbound on Old U.S. 50 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported and estimated damage was $500.
• 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, California and Osborne roads, a vehicle driven by Russell Taylor, 19, Oklahoma, was westbound on Osborne Road when it missed a turn and went into the ditch. Estimated damage was $100.
• 8:16 p.m. Tuesday, 4400 block of U.S. 59, a 2010 Ford F-150 truck driven by David Rollo, 48, Lawrence, was northbound in the 4400 block of U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 3:22 p.m. Monday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 42-year-old Ottawa man reported his vehicle had been damaged.
• 5:12 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of South Walnut Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect damaged his property.
• 10:27 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Mulberry Street, a resident reported a semi-truck left the area after striking a city-owned light pole and knocking it down. The truck was not located.
• 9:50 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Oak Street, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of a bicycle.
• 10:17 a.m. Monday, 15th and Hickory streets, a vehicle driven by Jillian Haag, 26, Ottawa, struck a vehicle driven by Stacy Smith, 42, Iola. Haag was cited with following too closely.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 100 block of Main Street, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 200 block of Prairie Lane, public assist; Vermont and Woodson roads, assist outside agency; 1000 block of Poplar Street, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 9:50 a.m. Sunday, 603 N. Poplar St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, 3124 Texas Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• Firefighters responded to one medical call Monday.