• Thursday: Rose Cathcard, Garnett
• Wednesday: Kendra Chase, Fort Scott; Lindsay Gastelum, Baldwin City.
• Thursday: Esther Pope, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 6:52 a.m. Monday, 400 block of South Ash Street, Christi Stonequist, 31, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
• 10:13 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Mark Lauver, 42, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:57 p.m. Tuesday, Virginia and Douglas roads, Kenneth Hauenschild, 34, Louisburg, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:43 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Joseph Bishop, 19, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:19 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Eric Keller, 19, Meridan, Kan., was arrested on a Franklin County warrant at the Jefferson County Jail and transported to the Franklin County Jail.
• 1:04 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of Madison Street, Pomona, Kevin Doty, 47, Pomona, on suspicion of domestic battery.
Police Department Arrests
• 4:29 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of East Logan Street, Jonathan Price, 51, Emporia, on suspicion of driving while license suspended.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:39 a.m. Tuesday, 4000 block of Vermont Road, a 20-year-old Wellsville woman reported a 21-year-old Ottawa man violated the temporary protection from abuse order in effect between the two.
• 1:18 p.m. Monday, 500 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 48-year-old Pomona man reported someone had stolen multiple items from his house.
• 1:56 p.m. Tuesday, 4300 block of Douglas Road, a 34-year-old Louisburg man reported his laptop and wallet were taken from his vehicle in the 4300 block of Douglas Road at Lane.
• 4:10 p.m. Tuesday, 2300 block of Old Highway 50, a 2003 Chevrolet Venture driven by Ramona Griffin, 43, Ottawa, was traveling west in the 2300 block of Old Highway 50 when she slowed for a school bus and was struck from behind by a 2009 Mercury SUV driven by Amy Williams, 26, Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
• 5:42 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of U.S. 59, a 2005 Saturn Vue driven by Shelby Norman, 20, Iola, was northbound in the 1000 block of U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 6:05 p.m. Tuesday, a 2010 Kia driven by Mary Schuman, 62, Paola, was westbound in the 3900 block of K-68 when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 6:48 p.m. Thursday, a 2012 Ford Fusion driven by Shirl Ammerman, 48, Pomona, was driving westbound in the 1800 block of Sand Creek Road when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 1:22 a.m. Friday, 500 block of South Elm Street, a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was battered by a 27-year-old Ottawa man. The case is under investigation.
• 7:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Augusta Lane, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her vehicle and stole property.
• 11:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Augusta Lane, a 57-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his vehicle and stole property.
• 8:55 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of North Mulberry Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect entered his vehicle and stole property.
• 7:01 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., an employee reported an unknown subject stole items from the store.
• 10:58 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Cedar Street, a 48-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject broke a window on his car and stole items from inside the vehicle.
Wellsville Police Department
• Wednesday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, public assist.
• Thursday: 900 block of Ninth Terrace, burglary report; 600 block of Poplar Street, public assist for vehicle lock-out.
Franklin County Fire Departments
• 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, 4284 I-35 in Franklin County, Wellsville firefighters responded to a grass fire.
• 12:12 p.m. Wednesday, 412 S. Elm St., Cutler firefighters responded to a structure fire.
• 9:10 p.m. Wednesday, 1649 Oregon Road, Cutler firefighters responded to a vehicle fire.
• 1:50 p.m. Thursday, Pottawatomie and Richmond firefighters responded to a structure fire at 4256 Cloud Road.
• Firefighters responded to five medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.