Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 10:01 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Jail, 305 S. Main St., Heidi Thompson, 39, Wellsville, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 5:24 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of West Second Street, Pomona, Natalie Hankins, 27, Pomona, on a Franklin County civil warrant.
• 12:16 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of Virginia Road, Jonathan Wilks, 19, Greeley, on suspicion of making criminal threats and disorderly conduct.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:26 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of West 17th Street, Donvan Sittlington, 20, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant and two Douglas County warrants.
• 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of North Cherry Street, Eddie Hamilton, 49, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 9:47 a.m. Wednesday, 100 block of South Kallock Street, Richmond, a 29-year-old Richmond woman reported she was battered by her 32-year-old sibling, who then fled. The investigation is ongoing.
• 4:26 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of North State Street, Richmond, a 65-year-old Richmond man reported an unknown suspect stole $200 in change from a pop machine outside his building.
• 5:19 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Shawnee Road, a 2002 Ford Taurus driven by Jason Simmons, 18, Centropolis, struck a 1988 Buick Park Avenue driven by Billy Collins, 76, Ottawa, as he backed out of his driveway. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 4:46 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of West 15th Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa woman reported three known, Ottawa male juvenile suspects were smoking marijuana inside the facility.
• 12:50 p.m. Wednesday, Great Southern Bank, 2040 S. Princeton St., a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect purchased items by using her checking account information.
• 8:25 a.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a store employee reported two past thefts of items by unknown suspects.
• 8 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Poplar Street, Dakota Mandina, 19, Ottawa, reported a known 17-year-old girl struck his legally parked vehicle and then left the scene.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 700 block of Main Street, four public assists; 800 block of Main Street, fire call; 800 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Myers Library, 328 E. Ninth St., Ottawa University campus, firefighters responded to a fire outside the library, which did an estimated $700 damage to the building. Smoke damage to the library was estimated at $10,000, according to the fire report.
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.