• Monday: Roberta Bronson, Ottawa; Linda Roller, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Amanda Rein Owens, Ottawa.
• Monday: Eugene Adams, Williamsburg.
• Tuesday: Jerry Hill, Ottawa; Linda Roller, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Baby boy, 6 pounds, 10 ounces, to Amanda Rein Owens and Anthony Owens, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:41 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 45-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 3:12 p.m. Tuesday, 2600 block of Sand Creek Road, a 56-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of aggravated battery, domestic battery and interference with law enforcement, after being in a physical altercation with a 22-year-old Overland Park woman and a 77-year-old Ottawa woman, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 4:01 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of North Main Street, a 60-year-old Boone, Iowa, man on suspicion of no proof of insurance, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 12:46 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Osborne Road, a 70-year-old Pomona woman reported her shed caught fire due to an unknown electrical issue. The shed was a total loss, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 12:09 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of U.S. 59 near Richmond, a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Marissa Turner, 22, Garnett, was southbound on U.S. 59 when the vehicle swerved to miss a deer and crashed into a tree line on the east side of the highway, according to a sheriff’s office report. Turner and the vehicle’s other occupants were not injured in the crash, the report said.
Police Department News
• 10:02 p.m. Monday, 500 block of East Logan Street, a 14-year-old driver was issued a notice to appear in court on suspicion of possession of marijuana, after being contacted by officers during a traffic stop.
• 6:02 p.m. Tuesday, an Ottawa woman reported a sex crime. The case is under investigation.
• 11:42 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of Cypress Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered the property without authority.
• 6:45 a.m. Monday, Mitchell Construction, 415 W. Wilson St., a 65-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject entered the business and stole items.
Wellsville Police Department
• Monday: Fiber Lane and Poplar Street, traffic complaint; 600 block of West Third Terrace, traffic complaint; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 300 block of West First Street, animal complaint; 600 block of Poplar Street, medical call; 400 block of Pine Street, fireworks complaint.
• Tuesday: 300 block of East Fourth Street, animal complaint; 200 block of Downey Drive, medical call; Pleasant Valley Road, public assist; 700 block of West Third Terrace, assist fire department.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:06 a.m. Monday, 1550 S. Cedar St., hazardous material release investigation. No hazardous materials found.
• 11:32 a.m. Monday, 111 S. Maple St., smoke detector activation caused by a malfunction.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Monday and Tuesday.