• Wednesday: Shona Osladil, Ottawa; Chelsey Phillips, Ottawa.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of Jefferson Street, Pomona, a 70-year-old Quenemo man reported being bitten by a stray dog while performing his duties as the animal control officer for the City of Pomona.
• 7:17 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 69-year-old Princeton man reported that his Bond Ranger 410-.45 revolver firearm was stolen from his property in the 1500 block of US 59 Highway. He had not originally filed a report for his firearm being stolen, but recovered his firearm at an Ottawa pawn shop.
• 12:25 p.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Idaho Road, a 17-year-old Ottawa boy came into the sheriff’s offfice to report that his father’s riding lawnmower was stolen from the yard. Estimated loss was $1,000.
• 5:39 a.m. Thursday, I-35 milepost 201, a Honda Accord driven by Cary Harkins, 71, Shawnee, was traveling southbound on I-35 when it hit a sheet of plywood that had fallen from another vehicle. No injuries reported.
Police Department News
• 4:11 p.m. Wednesday, a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject entered her home and stole items.
• 11:40 a.m. Monday, 236 N. Main St., Kansas State Bank, a 47-year-old Ottawa woman reported her vehicle was struck by a known suspect who then left the scene.
• 10:03 p.m. Tuesday, a 2007 Chevrolet driven by Wendy Stahl, 45, Ottawa, made an illegal turn, and was struck by a 2007 Ford driven by Adam Clark, 43, Wellsville. No injuries reported.
• 1:46 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of West 23rd Street, a 1995 F700 flatbed truck pulling a trailer driven by Benjamin Degrande, 29, Osawatomie left the roadway and struck a bridge. Degrande was cited for failure to maintain a lane of travel.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 4:23 a.m. Friday, 600 block of South Cedar Street, power line down.
• 1:14 p.m. Friday, 1231 S. Main St., EMS call, party transported by non-fire agency.
• 8:55 p.m. Friday, 1550 S. Cedar St., injury vehicle accident.
• 6:52 a.m. Saturday, 1900 block of South Eisenhower Avenue, electrical wiring/equipment problem.
• 1:41 p.m. Sunday, 2515 E. Logan St., smoke detector activation, no fire reported.
• 6:21 p.m. Sunday, 942 N. Hemlock St., injury vehicle accident.
• 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of South Poplar Street, alarm system sounded due to malfunction.
• 2:29 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of West Fourth Street, smoke detector activation due to malfunction.
• 6:51 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of South Ash Street, EMS call, excluding vehicle accident with injury.
• 8:26 a.m. Wednesday, 100 block of South Oak Street, unauthorized burning.
• 9:06 a.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of North Mulberry Street, authorized controlled burning.
• 1:37 p.m. Wednesday, 23rd and Elm Streets, vehicle accident, general cleanup.
• 5:14 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of South Olive Street, EMS call, excluding vehicle accident with injury.
• Firefighters assisted with 26 medical calls and four other calls Friday through Thursday.
Wellsville Police Department
• Thursday: 200 block of East 10th Street, animal complaint; First Street and Hunt Avenue, pedestrian check; 400 block of East Fourth Street, welfare check.
• Friday: 200 block of Main Street, threats; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 100 block of Hunt Avenue, animal complaint; 100 block of Locust Avenue, public assist.
• Saturday: 200 block of Meadowbrook Lane, animal complaint; 500 block of Main Street, special assignment; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 300 block of Hunt Avenue, assist other agency; 200 block of Prairie Lane, animal complaint.
• Sunday: 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Monday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, traffic complaint; 700 block of Locust Street, motorist assist; 300 block of West Seventh Street, medical call; 200 block of Downey Drive, suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Locust Street, warrant service; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, special assignment; 100 block of Locust Street, public assist; 400 block of Locust Street, public assist; 4800 block of Fiber Lane, alarm.
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, criminal damage to property; 200 block of East Tenth Street, suspicious activity; 300 block of West Third Terrace, harassment; 400 block of East Second Street, criminal damage to property; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 600 block of Main Street, alarm; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency.
• Thursday: 200 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; 200 block of South Elm Street, threat; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 400 block of Main Street, theft; 400 block of Main Street, private property accident; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 400 block of Main Street, welfare check.