• Wednesday: Karen Arnesman, Ottawa; Patricia Blakesley, Ottawa; Darlene Schraeder, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Eddie Waddle, Williamsburg.
• Thursday: Darlene Schraeder, Ottawa; John Suddarth III, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:07 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 32-year-old Le Loup man on a Franklin County probable cause warrant for aggravated battery, aggravated endangerment of a child, criminal damage to property, and reckless driving.
• 2:37 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of South Main Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 3:11 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of North Center Avenue, a 34-year-old Williamsburg man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 35-year-old Quenemo man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:16 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of West Ninth Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to sell within 1,000 feet of a school, use of a communication device to facilitate a drug transaction, possession of drug paraphernalia, and no proof of insurance, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 5:48 p.m. Wednesday, 3500 block of U.S. 59 near Ottawa, a 2017 Freightliner tractor-trailer driven by Richard Riley, 60, Grenada, Mississippi, was northbound on U.S. 59 when Riley attempted to make a lane change and the Freightliner struck a 1996 Chevrolet pickup driven by Darrin Cole, 47, Ottawa, according to a sheriff’s report. Riley was cited for an illegal lane change, and Cole was cited for not having a valid driver’s license, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 12:58 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa, a 40-year-old Ottawa woman reported being battered by a known 31-year-old Ottawa man. The case is under investigation.
• 3:03 p.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., a 57-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole motor fuel.
Wellsville Police Department
• Wednesday: 300 block of Locust Street, theft; 400 block of South Elm Street, suspicious activity; I-35 at milepost 200, assist other agency; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 600 block of Poplar Street, public assist; 500 block of Main Street, alarm.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 5:42 p.m. Thursday, 2120 S. Princeton St., non-injury motor vehicle wreck.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.