• Sunday: Mary Joan Cook, Ottawa; Alma Herschberger, Ottawa; Marita Pocock, Ottawa.
• Friday: Gerald Rose, Ottawa
• Saturday: Patricia Blakesley, Ottawa
• Sunday: Karen Arnesman, Ottawa
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 2:29 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 49-year-old Westphalia woman on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 6:45 a.m. Friday, 2100 block of Osborne Terrace, a 2003 Ford Taurus driven by a 38-year-old Ottawa man was westbound on Osborne Terrace when the vehicle left the roadway and overturned. The driver left the scene of the crash and was located a short time later at his residence, according to a sheriff’s report. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident, the report said.
• 12:37 p.m. Friday, 3700 block of Old U.S. 59, a 19-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of domestic criminal damage to property, after an altercation with an Ottawa woman, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 6:31 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 39-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County probation violation warrant.
• 10:51 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Spring Street, Williamsburg, a 24-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 7:05 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 23-year-old Rossville woman on suspicion of battery, after an altercation with a 27-year-old Ottawa woman, while both were being housed in the county jail.
• 11:30 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of South Chestnut Street, a 41-year-old Whitewater man on a Franklin County probation violation warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 5 p.m. Friday, 1200 block of South Mulberry Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman on suspicion of driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 6:19 p.m. Friday, 600 block of North King Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County warrant.
• 3:35 p.m. Saturday, 300 block of South Cedar Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:19 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of South Walnut Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of fleeing and eluding, after committing a traffic infraction and then failing to yield to officers.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 11:37 p.m. Thursday, Monroe Street, Pomona, a 23-year-old Pomona man was reported to have a verbal altercation with a Pomona woman, in violation of a no contact order. The man was not located at the scene and a report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 10:14 a.m. Friday, Walnut Street, Wellsville, a 58-year-old Wellsville man reported a 52-year-old Wellsville woman entered his residence through a locked screen door and hit him in the chest. The woman reported the man struck her in the face while shoving her. A report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 4:44 p.m. Thursday, 4800 block of Stafford Road, a 52-year-old Wellsville man reported an unknown suspect entered his barn and stole a gray and red 2004 Honda 400EX ATV, and the key to another ATV. Estimated loss was $2,805.
• 11:06 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of Colorado Road, a 2015 Ford Transit driven by Thomas Christian, 53, Baldwin City, was southbound on Colorado Road when it struck a coyote that entered the roadway. No injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:36 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of Labette Road, a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt driven by Makayla Parker, 20, Quenemo, was turning northbound on Arkansas Terrace when it struck a 1999 Ford Escort driven by Dale Thornbrugh, 56, Williamsburg, which was southbound on Arkansas Terrace. No injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 12:54 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of South Elm Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa man was cited and released on suspicion of keeping a vicious animal, no proof of vaccination, and no city registration, after a dog he owned bit a 37-year-old Ottawa woman, according to a police report.
• 2:39 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of South Cedar Street, a 45-year-old Ottawa man reported a suspect assaulted him and damaged property owned by the city, according to a police report. A 48-year-old Ottawa man was cited and released on suspicion of assault and criminal damage to property in connection with the incident.
• 4:36 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of East Hamblin Street, a 27-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole items from her yard.
• 1:25 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of South Mulberry Street, a 34-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect damaged her property, entered her home and stole items.
• 9 a.m. Saturday, 23rd and South Princeton streets, a 1999 Volkswagen driven by a 15-year-old Ottawa girl ran a red light and struck a 2013 Dodge driven by Kamilla Elder, 45, Ottawa, according to a police report. Two people were transported by ambulance to an area hospital with minor injuries, the report said. The 15-year-old driver was cited for disobeying a traffic signal.
Wellsville Police Department
• Thursday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, motorist assist; Fourth and Pine streets, public assist; 500 block of Main Street, alarm.
• Friday: 200 block of South Elm Street, civil standby; 200 block of Downey Drive, parking complaint; 200 block of Downey Drive, harassment.
• Saturday: I-35 at milepost 194, assist other agency; 800 Chilton Avenue, assist other agency; 300 block of West Fourth Street, parking complaint; I-35 at milepost 197, assist other agency; 500 block of East Ninth Terrace, theft; Fourth and Main streets, pedestrian check.
• Sunday: 100 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 300 block of West Fourth Street, general information; I-35 at milepost 198, motorist assist; 4800 block of Fiber Lane, assist other agency; I-35 at milepost 197, assist other agency; 200 block of Benton Drive, general information.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:41 a.m. Friday, 419 W. 18th Terrace, gas leak (natural gas or LPG).
• 9:25 a.m. Saturday, 300 S. Ash St., authorized controlled burning.
• Firefighters assisted with five medical calls Friday through Sunday.