• Monday: Elizabeth Pratt, Wellsville; Roger Shaw, Wellsville.
• Tuesday: Misty Mitchell, Ottawa.
• Monday: Marita Pocock, Ottawa; Roger Shaw, Wellsville.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 9:31 a.m. Tuesday, 4400 block of Jackson Road, a 29-year-old Rantoul man on an offender registration violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:49 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, a 29-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:49 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Main Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:12 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of North Oak Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa woman on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:05 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Cherry Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:03 a.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Willow Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:03 a.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 1019 W. Seventh St., a 26-year-old Ottawa woman on suspicion of making false information, theft by deception, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a depressant, in connection with an attempt to pass a counterfeit bill at the business, according to a police report.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:04 p.m. Monday, 500 block of West Fourth Street, Lane, a 41-year-old Lane man reported someone attempted to break into his shed, causing an estimated $50 in damage, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 10:29 a.m. Tuesday, 4500 block Rock Creek Road, a 43-year-old Rantoul man reported two subjects were trespassing on City of Rantoul property. A criminal trespass report is being forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 1:06 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Ellis Terrace, a 32-year-old Williamsburg man reported damage to two water valve boxes owned by Rural Water District No. 4. Damage estimate was $175.
• 10:25 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East Franklin Street, Pomona, a 35-year-old Quenemo man reported he was battered and assaulted by a known subject. A report is being forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 10:58 a.m. Monday, Dollar General, 400 W. Franklin St., Pomona, a 23-year-old woman reported someone stole hair supplies from the store. Estimated loss was $15.
• 6:05 a.m. Monday, 2200 block of Sand Creek Road, a 2012 Ford Focus driven by Michael Ammerman, 35, Ottawa, was eastbound on Sand Creek Road when it struck a deer, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries, the report said.
Police Department News
• 3:58 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of East 14th Street, a 72-year-old man was found deceased of apparent natural causes, according to a police report.
• 10:44 a.m. Monday, 2200 block of South Elm Street, a 31-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked vehicle, stealing and damaging items.
• 12:31 p.m. Monday, Shoe Sensation, 2200 S. Princeton St., a store representative reported a man entered the business and stole items. A 31-year-old Wellsville man was later arrested on suspicion of theft and was issued a notice to appear in court.
• 8:31 p.m. Monday, 600 block of South Burroughs Street, a 39-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect entered her residence and stole items.
• 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of South Oak Street, a 36-year-old Ottawa man reported he had checks stolen and some checks had been forged in Ottawa. Case is under investigation.
• 6:31 p.m. Monday, 300 block of North Main Street, a 2015 Toyota driven by Christopher Haas, 31, Ottawa, struck a 1993 Ford Taurus driven by Hazel Wiederholt, 73, Princeton. Wiederholt was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries, according to a police report.