• Saturday: Sophia Crossen, Ottawa; Joanna Lichtenberg, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Vickey Thompson, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Margo Hughes, Princeton.
• Friday: Reba Aquino, Princeton.
• Monday: Joanna Lichtenberg, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Sophia Crossen, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:40 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Garrett Russell, 25, Baldwin City, on a Franklin County probation violation warrant.
• 8:31 p.m. Monday, 4100 block of Iowa Terrace, John Mills, 49, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated assault, after getting into an argument with two Ottawa men, ages 27 and 20, according to a sheriff’s report. During the argument, Mills reportedly fired a rifle at the two subjects, according to the sheriff’s office. No one was injured, the sheriff’s office said. The case remains under investigation.
• 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of West Fifth Street, Melissa Elston, 29, Ottawa, on a City of Pomona failure to appear warrant.
• 12:48 a.m. Wednesday, 3800 block of I-35, James Payton, 66, Hutchinson, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container of alcohol, after he was contacted for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:55 a.m. Tuesday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Ryan Fitzpatrick, 33, Lawrence, on suspicion of driving under the influence, transporting an open container and driving while license revoked.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 6:02 p.m. Monday, 600 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 32-year-old Pomona woman and a 27-year-old Pomona man reported a known 33-year-old Ash Grove, Missouri, man sent threatening text messages via social media. The man was not immediately located. A report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 5:55 p.m. Monday, 1700 block of Colorado Road, a 2009 Dodge Charger driven by a 16-year-old Williamsburg girl was northbound on Colorado Road when it struck a 2008 Ford F-550 driven by Colby Christie, 42, Williamsburg, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
• 9:15 p.m. Monday, 900 block of Kingman Terrace, Cameron Humiston, 26, Pomona, lost control of his 2015 Kia Optima while reaching for a phone that fell on the floor, and the vehicle struck a curve warning sign and a barbed wire fence, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
• 7:29 a.m. Tuesday, I-35 at milepost 188, a 2007 Ford Edge driven by James Whittaker, 37, Ottawa, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer. No injuries reported.
• 7 p.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of Vermont Road, a 2015 Subaru driven by Nesie Nichols, 63, Wellsville, was southbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer. No injuries reported.
Police Department News
• 8:32 a.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 24-year-old Lawrence woman reported a known subject stole items from the store. The case is under investigation.
• 8:07 p.m. Monday, 2300 block of South Oak Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole items.
• 1:41 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Locust Street, a 20-year-old Ottawa man reported a known suspect stole medication from him. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: First and Locust streets, traffic complaint; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 400 block of Main Street, alarm.
• Saturday: 600 block of Maple Street, animal complaint; 400 block of Man Street, recovered property; 200 block of Prairie Lane, animal complaint; I-35 at milepost 195, assist other agency.
• Sunday: 200 block of Cedarlane Drive, civil matter; 4800 block of Fiber Lane, assist other agency.
• Monday: 100 block of Hunt Avenue, animal complaint; 4800 block of Fiber Lane, assist other agency.
• Tuesday: 200 block of Ash Street, motorist assist; 100 block of Locust Street, general information; 700 block of Main Street, property return; 4600 block of Texas Road, assist other agency; First and Poplar streets, traffic complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:42 a.m. Friday, 1529 N. Davis St., alarm system activation, no fire/unintentional.
• 6:49 a.m. Saturday, 1623 S. Poplar St., smoke or odor removal.
• 9:29 a.m. Monday, 1014 College Lane, smoke detector activation due to malfunction.
• 6:29 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of North Cherry Street, attempted illegal burning.
• Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Tuesday.