Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Monday: James Clark, Ottawa; Cheyanne Handly, Kincaid.
• Tuesday: Catherine Bishop, Ottawa.
• Monday: Lytle Arnold, Ottawa; Shirly Barnes, Ottawa; Lois Nitcher, Ottawa; Charles Schraeder, Ottawa; Zelma Wehrle, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 5 ounces, to Cheyanne Handly.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 10:42 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Dutch Kauffman, 18, on three Franklin County probation violation warrants.
• 12:11 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., James Cox Jr., 39, Ottawa, on a Franklin County probation violation warrant.
• 11:10 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of I-35 at milepost 181, George Williams, 37, Kansas City, Missouri, on suspicion of driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:52 a.m. Monday, Eugene Field School, 720 S. Tremont Ave., a 12-year-old student on suspicion of disorderly conduct, after causing a disturbance at the school.
• 5:38 p.m. Monday, 600 block of East Third Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was cited and released on suspicion of minor in possession of alcohol and tobacco, after being contacted by officers during a field interview.
• 1:15 a.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of North Main Street, Matthew Lang, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving in violation of restrictions that required an ignition interlock and unlawful registration, after being contacted on a traffic stop.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 10:22 a.m. Monday, 2400 block of Old U.S. 50, a 1999 Jayco Traveler camper was reported stolen from Heritage Motors. Estimated loss was $6,500.
• 7:05 a.m. Monday, 4500 block of U.S. 59, a 2013 Chevrolet pickup driven by Treffley Girard, 36, Lyndon, was northbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a deer. No injuries.
• 7:28 a.m. Monday, 4400 block of K-33, Wellsville, a 2008 Toyota Corolla driven by Jamie Jewell, 37, Wellsville, was southbound on K-33 when she began to merge onto I-35 and collided with a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado driven by a 17-year-old Wellsville boy which was traveling north on K-33. according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries.
• 3:34 p.m. Monday, 2500 block of Oregon Road, a 1978 Kenworth pulling a seed trailer driven by Ivan Bauman, 20, Garnett, was westbound in the 3700 block of Kingman Terrace when Bauman attempted to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Kingman Terrace and Oregon Road and lost control of vehicle, causing it to roll in the 2500 block of Oregon Road. No injuries reported.
Police Department News
• 9:29 a.m. Monday, 900 block of North Main Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect had forged her signature.
• 1:38 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a Kansas Department for Children and Families worker reported a juvenile-age person was the victim of a sexual assault.
• 4:19 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a Kansas Department for Children and Families worker reported a juvenile-age person was the victim of a sexual assault.
• 4:27 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a Kansas Department for Children and Families worker reported a juvenile-age person was the victim of a sexual assault.
• 4:41 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Lincoln Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 52-year-old Garnett man damaged her property.
• 9:29 a.m. Monday, 1300 block of South Oak Street, a 55-year-old Ottawa woman reported two of her checks were written without her permission. The case is under investigation.
• 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Locust Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects entered his unlocked vehicle and took an item. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: K-33 and I-35, assist other agency; 400 block of Walnut Street, traffic complaint; First and Main streets, traffic complaint; Ninth Terrace and Poplar Street, motorist assist.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Walnut Street, general information; 200 block of Edgewood Drive, medical call; 400 block of East Third Street, animal call.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 8:25 a.m. Monday, Rockwood Lane, authorized controlled burning.
• 8:55 a.m. Monday, 300 block of West Wilson Street, authorized controlled burning.
• 9:25 a.m. Monday, 800 block of West 10th Street, investigate reported possible hazardous materials release. No hazardous materials were found.
• 2:53 a.m. Monday, 400 block of South Cherry Street, unauthorized burning.
• 9:05 p.m. Monday, 300 block of East 11th Street, unintentional smoke detector activation, no fire.
• 10:57 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of West Seventh Street, unintentional smoke detector activation, no fire.
• 3:21 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of South Main Street, investigate reported possible hazardous materials release. No hazardous materials were found.
Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Monday and Tuesday.