Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Sunday: Lynda Irvin, Ottawa; Jerry Wray, Pomona.
• Thursday: Hannah King, Lawrence.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 12:08 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Stephanie Lewis, 36 Pomona, on a Marion County, Kansas, warrant for failure to appear.
• 2:21 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Darren Dicenzo, 45, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 4:23 p.m. Friday, 4000 block of Indiana Terrace, Benny Page, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a Douglas County protection from abuse order. He also was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving while suspended, fleeing and eluding and interference with a law enforcement officer, after a brief pursuit down a minimum maintenance road, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:25 a.m. Friday, Dollar General, 2212 S. Princeton Circle Drive, Chelsea Lynn, 18, Lawrence, on suspicion of shoplifting and attempting to lie to law enforcement.
• 11:13 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of North King Street, Terry Aspegren, 40, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery, after an altercation with a known family member.
• 12:30 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of West 17th Street Terrace, Tanner Rich, 18, Ottawa, on suspicion of minor in consumption of alcohol, after officers were called to the residence for a disturbance.
• 9:46 a.m. Sunday, 1300 block of South Beech Street, a 12-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, interference with a law enforcement officer and child in need of care, after being contacted by officers.
• 10:07 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of South Hickory Street, Chandra Dewitt, 26, Ottawa, on a Johnson County warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Indiana Road, a social worker with Children’s Mercy Hospital called to report possible child abuse. The case is under investigation.
• 12:53 p.m. Saturday, 300 block of East Main Street, Rantoul, a 55-year-old Edgerton man reported an unknown suspect caused damage to the tires on one of his tractors and a trailer by puncturing them. Estimated damage was $1,250.
• Friday, a 20-year-old Princeton woman reported she thinks a known individual stole personal documents from her vehicle while it was parked on K-33 near Wellsville.
• 12:43 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of East Seventh Street, Pomona, a 26-year-old Pomona man reported someone stole his 2005 white Hummer from his driveway.
• 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of John Brown Road, Williamsburg, a 2013 Nissan Rogue driven by Melinda Oakes, 50, Williamsburg, was westbound on John Brown Road when it struck a deer.
• 8:16 p.m. Thursday, 2800 block of I-35, Ottawa, a 2017 Nissan driven by Donna Moenning, 56, Minnesota, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer.
• 7:30 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of Vermont Road, Rantoul, a 2012 Dodge Avenger driven by Andrea Manes, 47, Ottawa, was southbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer.
• 4:30 p.m. Friday, 1800 block of Ellis Road, Princeton, a 2002 Mazda pickup driven by a 17-year-old Princeton boy was westbound on Ellis Road when he lost control of the vehicle. The truck left the roadway and struck a tree. No injuries reported.
• 5:14 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of K-68, Pomona, a 1994 Ford truck driven by Howard Darr, 57, Pomona, was traveling on K-68 when it struck a deer.
• 5:55 p.m. Saturday, 3300 block of John Brown Road, Princeton, a 2014 Ford Fusion driven by Megan Davis, 19, Princeton, was westbound on John Brown Road when it struck a cow that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported.
• 4:55 p.m. Sunday, 500 block of John Brown Road, Williamsburg, a 2008 Ford F-150 driven by Brian Timlin, 45, Osawatomie, was eastbound on John Brown Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
• 6:30 p.m. Sunday, 2900 block of I-35, a 2017 Ford Fusion driven by Grant Lathrop, 18, Gardner, was southbound on I-35 when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 8 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Hickory Street, a 20-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown individual damaged her vehicle.
• 8:30 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Hickory Street, a 26-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown individual damaged her vehicle.
• 8:47 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of South Hickory Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown individual damaged her vehicle.
• 10:56 a.m. Sunday, 1300 block of South Hickory Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect broke her car window and went through her vehicle. No items appeared stolen.
• 12:55 p.m. Sunday, 1300 block of South Poplar Street, a woman reported an unknown suspect broke the window of her vehicle and took items.
• 5:34 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of South Elm Street, a 35-year-old Ottawa woman reported the window of her vehicle was broken by a known suspect. The case is under investigation.
• 10:15 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Maple Street, an 81-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject stole items.
• 12:38 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of South Sycamore Street, a 61-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole items.
• 6:14 p.m. Thursday, 2100 block of South Princeton Street, two 17-year-olds, both of Ottawa, were issued citations on suspicion of stealing items from a business and then released to their parents.
• 8:58 a.m. Friday, 700 block of South Cherry Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect stole her vehicle overnight.
• 10:45 a.m. Friday, DIY, 2204 S. Princeton Cricle Drive, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect stole items from the store by paying with a fake check.
• 7:37 a.m. Thursday, 200 block of South Ash Street, a 2006 Dodge passenger car driven by a 16-year-old Ottawa boy struck a 2003 Kia van driven by Carrie Hilgret, 41, Ottawa. No injuries were reported. The 16-year-old was cited for improper turn.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 400 block of Main Street, special assignment.
• Wednesday: 400 block of East Fourth Street, check welfare; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; North Elm and Downey Drive, traffic complaint; I-35 at milepost 202, assist other agency.
• Thursday: 300 block of West Second Terrace, motorist assist; 400 block of Main Street, non-injury accident.
• Friday: 200 block of Ash Street, welfare check.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 5:02 p.m. Friday, 420 S. Main St., good intent call.
• 12:25 p.m. Saturday, 507 S. Beech St., authorized controlled burning.
• 11:49 p.m. Saturday, 1116 S. Hickory St., smoke scare/smoke odor.
Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Friday through Sunday.