If you have already paid the first half of your Franklin County property taxes and now want to pay your second half taxes before the end of 2017, a payment portal has been opened.

“The payment portal was opened on Friday; a second half file was sent from Franklin County to Kansas.gov Friday afternoon to allow you to pay your taxes in this manner, should you choose to do so,” Jody Edwards, Franklin County treasurer, said Friday.

The web address is: www.Kansas.gov/propertytax

There is a convenience fee charged for this type of payment. Franklin County residents will need their tax statement in order to process the payment, Edwards said.

Residents can also mail their second half payment to:

Franklin County Treasurer

315 S. Main St., Room 107

Ottawa KS 66067-2335

The Treasurer’s Office asks that people who mail their payments please include their phone number on the check.

Or, residents can use the county treasurer’s stainless steel payment box near the sidewalk in front of the Franklin County Courthouse, 315 S. Main St., Ottawa.

“You will need to check with your tax preparer to see if using a check dated 2017 is sufficient as proof of paid taxes if your paid receipt shows 2018,” Edwards said.