• Tuesday: Lillie Barton, Ottawa; Brittni Ferguson, Ottawa; Deborah Gay, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Brittany Boothe, Garnett; Deborah Gay, Ottawa; Albert Grosdidier, Pomona.
• Thursday: Zoe Laymance, Ottawa; Jade Linder, Ottawa; Kathleen Shull, Pomona.
• Tuesday: Lois Maxwell, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Richard Graham, Ottawa; Glenda Medlen, Richmond; Kathleen Shull, Pomona.
• Wednesday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 7 ounces, to Brittni and Andrew Ferguson, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Baby boy, 7 pounds, 12 ounces, to Brittany and Jason Boothe, Garnett.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 11:57 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Damon Burkhart, 37, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of South Elm Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy on a Franklin County warrant.
• 1:33 a.m. Thursday, 4700 block of I-35, Daniel Kemboi, 21, Toledo, Ohio, on suspicion of driving under the influence and no proof of insurance, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:05 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of East Second Street, Pomona, Patrick Olsen, 30, Westphalia, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle without an interlock device, after a traffic stop. Also during the traffic stop, Brook Phillips, 26, Pomona, was arrested on two Franklin County warrants, as well as on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• 8:52 p.m. Thursday, 4800 block of I-35, Robert Tingler, 40, Weatherby Lake, Missouri, on suspicion of possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, after being stopped for a traffic infraction. A passenger in Tingler’s vehicle, Jeffrey Wood, 40, Kansas City, Missouri, also was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Jacob Adams, 22, Garnett, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:56 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of South Mulberry Street, Adams Douglas, 34, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended and no insurance, after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 11:31 a.m. Tuesday, Bob Allen Ford, 2320 S. Oak St., Terri Taylor, 36, Ottawa, on suspicion of criminal trespass for going back to the business, after being given a trespass warning.
• 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Damon Burkhart, 36, Garnett, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:52 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of North Sycamore Street, James Justice, 57, Ottawa, on an active City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:21 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Burroughs Street, Jonathan Slocum, 32, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and criminal use of a weapon, after being involved in a one-vehicle injury wreck.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 11:32 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of East Second Street, Pomona, a Pomona man reported receiving multiple harassing and threatening text messages and voice mails from a known 35-year-old Burlington man.
• 7:57 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of West Central Street, Richmond, a woman reported a physical altercation with a known Richmond man. The case has been forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 2:43 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 28-year-old Pomona man reported the theft of tools.
• 3 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of West Franklin Street, Pomona, a 28-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown person broke into his residence sometime between Dec. 21 and Jan. 2 and stole several items. Estimated loss was $545.
• 5:23 p.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Shawnee Road, a 56-year-old Ottawa man reported someone entered his outbuilding and stole a Honda generator. Estimated loss was $1,100.
• 6:07 p.m. Thursday, 3100 block of Riley Terrace, a 46-year-old Wellsville woman reported an unknown person took several items while working in her house. Estimated loss was $1,705.
• 2:46 a.m. Friday, 3300 block of K-33, a 2012 Ford Taurus driven by Kenneth Woods, 51, Kansas City, was southbound on K-33 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
Police Department News
• 5:19 p.m. Thursday, 1600 block of South Hickory Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa woman reported being battered by a known 55-year-old Ottawa woman. Case is under investigation.
• 9:17 p.m. Thursday, 1700 block of Chestnut Street, a 32-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 17-year-old minor ran away from home.
• 7:31 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Olive Street, a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject stole her vehicle.
• 10:35 a.m. Wednesday, Casey’s General Store, 940 N. Main St., received a report that an unknown subject stole motor fuel.
• 2:11 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of East 11th Street, a 51-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject forged a document belonging to her.
• 12:54 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of South Main Street, a 2013 Kia driven by Melinda Hutton, 51, Ottawa, struck the back of a 2005 GMC driven by Casey Hess, 25, Pomona. No injuries were reported. Hutton was cited for inattentive driving.
• 7:50 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of West 11th Street, a 2007 Nissan operated by a 17-year-old Ottawa driver was struck by a 2014 Hyundai driven by Danielle Taylor, 40, Ottawa. No injuries were reported. Taylor was issued a citation for inattentive driving.
• 11:21 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Burroughs Street, Jonathan Slocum, 32, Ottawa, was driving a 1991 Toyota when he lost control of the vehicle and it struck a tree. Slocum was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., with minor injuries.
• 7:44 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Main Street, a 2007 passenger car driven by Shaestian Argo, 22, Ottawa, struck a 1996 Chevrolet truck driven by Randy Anderson, 25, Ottawa. No injuries were reported. Argo was cited for obstructed windshield.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: K-33 and 10th Street, motorist assist; 600 block of Main Street, impaired driving (unfounded); 300 block of Walnut Street, check welfare; Vermont Terrace and Stafford Road, assist other agency.
• Wednesday: I-35 at milepost 199, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:36 a.m. Friday, 1040 N. Milner St., authorized controlled burning.
• 6:42 p.m. Friday, 747 S. Beech St., smoke detector activation due to malfunction.
• 7:42 p.m. Friday, 747 S. Cypress St., cooking fire, confined to container.
• 5:30 a.m. Monday, 1708 Elderberry Lane, smoke detector activation due to malfunction.
• 7:14 a.m. Monday, 1013 S. Cottonwood St., smoke detector activation due to malfunction.
• 6:35 p.m. Monday, 701 S. Poplar St., smoke detector activation, no fire — unintentional.
• 7:34 p.m. Monday, Courthouse Square Apartments, 235 S. Main St., removal of victim(s) from stalled elevator.
• 7:26 a.m. Tuesday, 2800 block of I-35, steam, other gas mistaken for smoke.
• 11:21 p.m. Wednesday, East 11th Street, motor vehicle wreck with injuries.
• Firefighters assisted with 20 medical calls Friday through Thursday.