Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Monday: Michael Swanson, Waverly; Donna Guilfoyle, Ottawa; Patrick Howard, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: John Ingram, Ottawa; Alex Jones, Ottawa; Margaret Paddock, Ottawa; Mark Queddeng, Ottawa; Phyllis Snowden, Ottawa.
• Monday: Michael Swanson, Waverly.
• Tuesday: Albert Grosdidier, Pomona; Patrick Howard, Ottawa; Phyllis Snowden, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 12:06 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 17-year-old Leawood boy on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:01 a.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of North Cherry Street, James Lee, 48, Ottawa, on warrants from Franklin County and Clay County, Missouri.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:26 a.m. Monday, Eugene Field School, 720 Tremont Ave., a 12-year-old minor on suspicion of battery on a school employee and disorderly conduct, after an incident at the school.
• 11:56 a.m. Monday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, Michael Simms, 46, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence and domestic battery, after an altercation.
• 12:56 a.m. Wednesday, 600 block of East Wilson Street, Andrew Montgomery, 22, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and damage to property, after a disturbance with an Ottawa woman.
• 2 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of South Main Street, Lazarus Flack, 25, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery and possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, after a disturbance with an Ottawa woman.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 5:29 p.m. Monday, 3900 block of I-35 at milepost 192, a 2004 Honda Civic driven by Miguel Mendez-Saldana, 27, Kansas City, Kansas, was southbound on I-35 when a mechanical failure caused a small engine fire. No injuries were reported. The engine was destroyed.
• 4:02 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of West Wilson Street, a known Baldwin City man was observed operating a vehicle with illegal registration. The man fled in his vehicle when a traffic stop was attempted. A report for felony flee and elude, reckless driving, driving while suspended and multiple traffic infractions will be forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 7:49 a.m. Monday, 900 block of Osborne Road, a 47-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown person stole a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe from his residence. The vehicle was later recovered in Ottawa.
• 2:30 p.m. Monday, 500 block of John Brown Road, a 80-year-old Lane man reported two welders were stolen from his business. Estimated loss was $2,000.
• 6:28 a.m. Monday, 4100 block of U.S. 59, a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Polly Lange, 51, Ottawa, was northbound on U.S. 59 when the vehicle left the roadway and struck the ditch, due to icy road conditions. No injuries were reported.
• 7:48 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Virginia Road, a 1997 Crown Victoria driven by Jaid Larios, 23, Lane, was northbound on Virginia Road when it left the roadway due to icy road conditions and ended up in the east ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 7:48 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Virginia Road, a 2011 Chevrolet Colorado driven by James Mason, 47, Lane, was slowing down due to a one-car wreck in the east ditch when Mason’s vehicle was struck from behind by a 1994 Toyota Camry driven by a 17-year-old Greeley girl, after the Toyota was unable to avoid the collision due to icy road conditions, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 2:49 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Garfield Street, an Ottawa woman reported a disturbance and a known 50-year-old Ottawa man caused damage to property. Case is under investigation.
• 9:18 a.m. Monday, 1300 block of South Redbud, a 52-year-old Ottawa woman reported a theft from her mailbox by an unknown suspect.
• 7:50 a.m. Tuesday, Ottawa High School, 1120 S. Ash St., a 2002 Kia van struck a 1992 Mazda passenger car and then left the scene. The driver of the van, Danielle Fast, 18, Ottawa, was later located and issued a notice to appear in court on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident and inattentive driving.
• 3:38 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of South Cedar Street, a 2005 Jaguar passenger car driven by a 17-year-old Ottawa girl struck a 2008 Ford truck driven by Marcus Kinion, 53, Princeton. The 17-year-old was cited for failure to yield right of way.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: Poplar Street and Pendleton, motorist assist; 200 block of Main Street, welfare check; First and Walnut streets, non-injury accident.
• Tuesday: Stafford Terrace and Utah Road, assist other agency; 900 block of Main Street, noise complaint.