Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Friday: Jodi Harnett, Ottawa; Rebecca Rossman, Ottawa.
• Scott Moran, Williamsburg.
• Friday: Aeriadini Hartley, Paola; John Ingram, Ottawa; Devon Large, Paola; Glenda Medlin, Princeton; Margaret Paddock, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Richard Brown, Ottawa; Alex Jones, Ottawa; Rebecca Rossman, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Mark Queddeng, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 3:22 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, a 2008 Hyundai Elantra driven by Lauren Randall, 35, Ottawa, was westbound on Sand Creek Road when she lost control of the vehicle and entered a ditch before striking a barbed wire fence. No injuries were reported. Randall was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container.
• 6:56 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer and battery on a law enforcement officer, after an altercation with two corrections officers while being housed at the juvenile detention center.
• 10:49 p.m. Sunday, 500 block of West Franklin Street, Pomona, Vanessa Frazier, 35, Pomona, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:43 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Main Street, Cassandra Darveaux, 36, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended and a Paola Municipal Court warrant.
• 4:53 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Osage Drive, a 34-year-old woman reported threats from a known suspect. Jeremy Penland, 38, Ottawa, was later arrested on suspicion of making a criminal threat.
• 8:22 p.m. Saturday, 200 block of South Cedar Street, Jeremy Penland, 38, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated criminal threat, interference with law enforcement and resisting arrest, after threatening Ransom Memorial Hospital and fleeing from officers who were trying to arrest him.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 3:09 p.m. Friday, 3600 block of California Road, Pomona, a 52-year-old Pomona woman reported she received threatening text messages from a known individual. A case has been forward to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office.
• 12:58 a.m. Saturday, 2900 block of K-68, Desirae Dominguez, 23, Topeka, was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia, after being stopped for a traffic infraction. Dominguez was given a notice to appear in court and released from the scene.
• 1:45 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of West Fifth Street, Pomona, a 42-year-old Pomona woman reported a known individual made physical contact with her and damaged property belonging to her. The individual left the scene and was not located. A report has been forwarded to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office.
• 10:45 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of Main Street, Princeton, a 52-year-old Princeton woman reported she was a victim of domestic battery involving a known individual. The individual left the residence and was not located. A case is being forwarded to the Franklin County Attorney’s Office.
• 5:51 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 38-year-old Pomona man reported someone damaged a coaxial cable, a phone line, and a latch on his shed. Estimated damage was $50.
• 5:51 a.m. Monday, 400 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 36-year-old Pomona man reported someone took a Homelite chainsaw from his residence on Jan. 11. Estimated loss was $200.
• 9:34 a.m. Sunday, 3600 block of I-35, a 2006 Cadillac CTS driven by Justin Porer, 19, Little River, was northbound on I-35 when he lost control of the vehicle due to snowy road conditions and it went into a ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 10:44 a.m. Sunday, 3900 block of I-35, a 2010 Toyota Yaris driven by Krista Reed, 24, Wichita, was southbound on I-35 when it slid off the roadway due to icy road conditions and struck a bridge guardrail. No injuries were reported.
• 2:04 p.m. Sunday, 4400 block of Shawnee Road, Wellsville, a 2005 Jeff Liberty driven by Zachary Ball, 21, Ottawa, was westbound on Shawnee Road when it slid off the roadway in icy conditions and struck a mailbox and Kansas City Power & Light utility pole. No injuries were reported.
• 4:34 p.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Old U.S. 50, a 2005 Scion driven by Calum Sayers, 20, Lawrence, was northbound on Old U.S. 50 when the vehicle swerved to avoid a dog and left the roadway, striking a tree. No injuries were reported.
• 4:46 a.m. Monday, 2600 block of I-35, a 2015 Kenworth tractor-trailer driven by Arturo Vazquez-Flores, 35, Emporia, left the roadway due to icy conditions and struck a bridge railing. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 5:02 p.m. Friday, 800 block of North Sycamore Street, a 34-year-old woman reported she was hit during an altercation with a known suspect. Case is under investigation.
• 4:20 a.m. Saturday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a known suspect made threats to harm Ottawa Police officers. Case is under investigation.
• 10:15 a.m. Friday, 300 block of South Sycamore Street, a 30-year-old Bella Vista, Arkansas, man reported the theft of a firearm sometime in the past year.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 200 block of West First Street, animal complaint; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 600 block of Walnut Street, public assist.
• Saturday: K-33 and I-35, assist other agency; I-35 at milepost 196, assist other agency; 300 block of East Eighth Street, animal complaint; 200 block of West First Street, overdue motorist.
• Sunday: Shawnee and Utah roads, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.