Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Wednesday: Betty Barnes, Ottawa; Gertrude Guy, Wellsville; Steven Winn, Burlington.
• Thursday: Karen Comstock, Ottawa; Dale Pearson, Ottawa; Loretta Traver, Quenemo.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 1:23 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, Dalton Pabst, 24, Pomona, on suspicion of theft and on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4 a.m. Thursday, 4100 block of I-35, two 14-year-old Wellington, Kansas, youths were arrested as runaways. They were transported to the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., to be released to their parents.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:16 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Dalton Pabst, 24, Pomona, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 2:26 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of East Third Street, Ricky Green, 51, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 12:45 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of East 27th Street, Tyler Ware, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of theft, criminal damage to property, and possession of paraphernalia, after being contacted by officers. Ware also was arrested on an Allen County warrant.
• 1:12 p.m. Thursday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., Zachary Burd, 19, Wellsville, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:55 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of South Locust Street, Bailey Phillips, 19, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 4:32 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of South Main Street, Brandon Rothwell, 26, Baldwin City, on a Jackson County warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 10:27 a.m. Wednesday, 600 block of Missouri Road, a 61-year-old Richmond man reported seeing smoke coming from the roof of a residence in the area. Firefighters responded and extinguished a fire in the second story of the residence. The house was severely damaged by fire. The cause of the blaze was not immediately known.
• 9:05 a.m. Wednesday, 2000 block of Florida Road, a 68-year-old Pomona woman reported someone stole a check from her mailbox, forged it, and used it at Casey’s General Store in Ottawa. Estimated loss was $35.
• 11:06 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of East Franklin Street, Pomona, a 57-year-old Pomona woman reported receiving two counterfeit $50 bills at Casey’s General Store on Jan. 15 and Jan. 16. Estimated loss was $100.
• 6:01 p.m. Wednesday, 3100 block of K-68, a 38-year-old Parsons woman reported someone used her daughter’s Social Security number for employment at this location.
• 9:47 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of John Brown Road, a 2010 Chevrolet Suburban driven by John Rubick, 31, Williamsburg, was westbound on John Brown Road when a deer entered the roadway from the south side and struck the driver’s side of the vehicle.
• 3:58 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of I-35 at milepost 177, a 2016 Kenworth driven by Frederick Carter, 39, Greenwood, Missouri, was northbound on I-35 when it left the roadway into the median. Carter attempted to drive the vehicle back onto the roadway and over-corrected, causing it to strike a 2016 Freightliner driven by Gerald Stuckey, 48, Grain Valley, Missouri. No injuries were reported.
• 9:45 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of Haskell Road, a 2001 Ford Escort driven by Devyn Horne, 24, Pomona, was eastbound on Haskell Road when Horne failed to stop at a T-intersection and the vehicle went into a ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 6:35 a.m. Thursday, 1100 block of Missouri Road, a 2004 Chevrolet 3500 driven by Jacob Guyett, 38, Princeton, was northbound on Missouri Road when it slid into the ditch due to icy conditions. No injuries were reported.
• 7:50 p.m. Thursday, 2900 block of I-35, a 2012 Peterbilt dump truck owned by Road Hog & Sons and being driven by Gary Jacobs, 67, Missouri, was northbound on I-35 when it overturned due to unknown circumstances. Jacobs was transported to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., for his injuries.
Police Department News
• 2:42 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of South Ash Street, an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported the theft of an item.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, trespass warning; K-33 and Fiber Lane, traffic complaint; 600 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, check welfare; 400 block of East Seventh Street, theft; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; I-35 at milepost 200, motorist assist.
• Thursday: 200 block of Downey Drive, traffic complaint; 200 block of Prairie Lane, motorist assist; 500 block of East Fourth Street, harassment; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 100 block of West Sixth Street, suspicious activity.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 12:14 a.m. Saturday, 1229 S. Mulberry St., CO detector activation due to malfunction.
• 11:14 a.m. Saturday, 900 S. Walnut St., unauthorized burning.
• 1:41 p.m. Saturday, 803 S. Oak St., unintentional alarm system activation, no fire.
• 9:01 p.m. Saturday, 418 E. Logan St., unintentional alarm system activation, no fire.
• 4:21 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of South Sycamore Street, motor vehicle wreck with no injuries.
• 9:46 a.m. Wednesday, 1527 S. Twyman, alarm system sounded due to malfunction.
• 10:56 a.m. Wednesday, 1527 S. Twyman, alarm system sounded due to malfunction.
• 4:31 p.m. Thursday, 2101 S. Princeton St., steam, other gas mistaken for smoke.
Firefighters assisted with 29 medical calls Friday through Thursday.