• Tuesday: Fannie Ainsworth, Ottawa; Anna May, Ottawa.
• Monday: Donald Miller, Ottawa; Mancil Porter, Ottawa.
• Tuesday: Gertrude Emaline Guy, Wellsville; Gabriella Hankins, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 4:19 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., James David Pendergrass, 32, Kansas City, Kansas, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 4:19 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Steven Thomas Wilson, 37, Ottawa, was served a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 8:43 p.m. Tuesday, 3600 block of Georgia Road, Alan Mason, 57, Topeka, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after being involved in a one-vehicle wreck.
Police Department Arrests
• 7:15 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Jason Graves, 53, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:50 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of Underwood Street, a 14-year-old Ottawa subject was arrested on suspicion of battery and damage to property, after a disturbance.
• 11:09 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Main Street, Xavier Walker, 19, Shawnee, on suspicion of driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 9:03 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Labette Road, Ottawa, a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe driven by Richard Moore, 39, Ottawa, was eastbound on Labette Road when it left the roadway for an unknown reason and went through the ditch, striking a tree before it came to a stop. Moore was transported by private vehicle to Ransom Memorial Hospital, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, for treatment of injuries. A 7-year-old passenger was not injured in the crash, a sheriff’s office report said.
• 6:23 p.m. Tuesday, 3800 block of I-35, a vehicle driven by Ross Smithey, 32, Commerce, Texas, struck a ladder that had fallen from a tractor-trailer driven by Magdaleno Bustamante, 38, Aurora, Illinois. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 8:21 a.m. Monday, City Hall, 101 S. Hickory St., a City of Ottawa employee found past damage to a shed owned by the city.
• 11 a.m. Monday, 300 block of East Third Street, a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported a previous fight with known suspects. The case is under investigation.
• 10:24 a.m. Monday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 53-year-old Fulton, Kansas, woman reported an unknown suspect forged one of her checks at the business. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Saturday: Louisburg Police Department, warrant arrest; 300 block of West Second Terrace, unattended death.
• Sunday: Vermont Terrace and Stafford Road, motorist assist.
• Monday: K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, parking complaint; 300 block of East Fourth Street, non-injury accident; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 1200 block of North 100 Road, warrant service; 1700 block of North Ridgeview Road, warrant service.
• Tuesday: 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; East Fourth and Poplar streets, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:29 p.m. Monday, 331 E. 11th St., unintentional smoke detector activation, no fire.
Firefighters assisted with 15 medical calls Friday through Tuesday.