• Thursday: Michelle Neargarder, Ottawa.
• Wednesday: Janet Howard, Ottawa; Karen Isaacs, Ottawa.
• Thursday: Fannie Ainsworth, Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 8:45 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Alan Matthew Keith, 47, Baldwin City, on two Franklin County warrants for bond violation.
• 9:20 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of South Main Street, Timothy Allen Smith, 27, Pomona, on a warrant for probation violation.
• 4:07 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of West Fourth Street, Lane, Darien Perkins, 44, Lane, on a Kansas Department of Corrections order for a parole violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 12:37 p.m. Wednesday, 100 block of East 27th Street, Kelly Haws, 38, St. Louis, Missouri, on suspicion of driving while revoked, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 5:51 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of North Mulberry Street, Leslie Lowery, 39, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery and damage to property, after a disturbance with a family member.
• 2 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of South Tremont Avenue, a 15-year-old teenager on suspicion of disorderly conduct, after a disturbance.
• 7:43 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Cassandra Darveaux, 36, Ottawa, on suspicion of shoplifting and criminal trespass.
• 1:46 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, Steven Brown, 52, Ottawa, on suspicion of disorderly conduct, after a disturbance.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 6:20 a.m. Wednesday, U.S. 59 and John Brown Road, a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Donald Hilliard Jr., 46, Garnett, was northbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a deer in the roadway.
Police Department News
• 10:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of South Ash Street, a 14-year-old teenager reported the sale of a controlled substance. The case is under investigation.
• 10:49 a.m. Wednesday, Eugene Field School, 720 S. Tremont Ave., a 15-year-old Ottawa student was issued a notice to appear, after a disturbance at the school.
• 2:06 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, an Ottawa woman reported a breach of privacy by a known individual. The case is under investigation.
• 4:53 p.m. Thursday, North Sycamore Street, a teenager reported being a victim of a sex crime. The case is under investigation.
• 8:16 p.m. Wednesday, Kicks 66, 1621 S. Main St., a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject bought items with a counterfeit bill and left the store.
• 6:43 a.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Cleveland Street, property owned by the City of Ottawa was reported stolen by unknown suspects. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Saturday: Louisburg Police Department, warrant arrest; 300 block of West Second Terrace, unattended death.
• Sunday: Vermont Terrace and Stafford Road, motorist assist.
• Monday: K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, parking complaint; 300 block of East Fourth Street, non-injury accident; 800 block of Main Street, medical call; 1200 block of North 100 Road, warrant service; 1700 block of North Ridgeview Road, warrant service.
• Tuesday: 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; East Fourth and Poplar streets, motorist assist.
• Wednesday: 300 block of West Second Terrace, assist other agency; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; 300 block of West Fourth Street, noise complaint.
• Thursday: 600 block of Maple Terrace, motorist assist; 200 block of Edgewood Drive, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:29 p.m. Monday, 331 E. 11th St., unintentional smoke detector activation, no fire.
• 12:31 a.m. Thursday, 331 E. 11th St., unintentional alarm system activation, no fire.
Firefighters assisted with 20 medical calls Friday through Thursday.