• Thursday: Robert Bishop, Ottawa; Lorraine Hendrickson, Ottawa; Donald Needham, Osawatomie; Kristy Schimmel, Melvern; Charlotte Snover, Ottawa; Carol Waddle, Williamsburg.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 3:29 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Sally Brown, 37, Holton, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 7:43 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of West Seventh Street, Taylor Larsh, 27, Ottawa, on a City of Pomona warrant for failure to appear. Larsh also was issued a notice to appear for driving while suspended.
• 1:36 a.m. Thursday, 1900 block of K-68, Taylor Larsh, 27, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving while suspended. She also was charged with trafficking contraband into a correctional facility when she was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia inside the jail, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 11:37 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Justin Michael Schrick, 30, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
• 10:42 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Corsson Saisi, 23, Shawnee, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 10:42 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Charles Whitacre, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 11:12 a.m. Thursday, 1100 block of North Main Street, Christian Bennett, 54, Baldwin City, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 4:12 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 40-year-old Pomona man was suspected of violating a previously issued Franklin County protection order. A report was taken.
• 2:15 p.m. Wednesday, 4500 block of Reese Drive, a 64-year-old Wellsville woman reported her son received a phone call from someone claiming to be from a bail bonds company. She stated she bought a prepaid card to give her son to pay what she thought was a bond. Loss was valued at $505.95.
• 4:09 p.m. Wednesday, 2500 block of Jackson Road, a 68-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of a log splitter from his property. Estimated loss was $500.
Police Department News
• 9:32 a.m. Thursday, 500 block of North Cedar Street, an Ottawa woman reported the electronic solicitation of a minor.
• 11:09 a.m. Thursday, Ottawa Middle School, 1230 S. Ash St., a minor was the victim of electronic solicitation of a minor and breach of privacy. The case is under investigation.
• 6:43 p.m. Thursday, 1800 block of East Logan Street, a 2011 Toyota sport utility vehicle driven by Amy Finch, 50, Council Grove, struck a deer.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of West Fourth Street, traffic complaint; 400 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; I-35 at milepost 197, assist other agency; 200 block of Downey Drive, threat.
• Thursday: 200 block of East Sixth Street, disturbance; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 500 block of East Fourth Street, civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:32 p.m. Monday, 2800 block of I-35, grass fire.
• 8:02 p.m. Wednesday, 402 N. Main St., passenger vehicle fire.
Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Monday through Wednesday.