Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 8:45 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Aaron Ayers, 30, Wellsville, on a Franklin County failure to appear warrant.
• 7:52 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Jimmy Kamami, 40, Oklahoma City, on a Franklin County failure to appear warrant.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:50 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Main Street, Jaliyah Smith, 19, Topeka, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, driving while suspended, no insurance and possession of paraphernalia.
• 4:36 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa High School parking lot, 1120 S. Ash St., Marcus Huffman, 41, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia, after being involved in a private property accident, according to a police report.
• 7:11 p.m. Tuesday, Ottawa Library, 101 S. Main St., Brandon Tiede, 21, Ottawa, on City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 11:20 a.m. Monday, 2700 block of Tennessee Drive, a Rantoul couple reported their 35-foot, fifth-wheel camper caught on fire. The camper was completely destroyed and the loss was estimated at $11,000. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
• 7:37 p.m. Monday, 4200 block of Virginia Road, two oil tanks being leased by a 60-year-old Wellsville man caught fire, after being struck by lightning. Loss was estimated at $14,200.
• 6:01 p.m. Tuesday, 3900 block of I-35, Ottawa, a 2010 Kenworth tractor-trailer driven by Sam Heidary, 49, Olathe, was northbound on I-35 when the engine caught fire for an unknown reason. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• 3:58 p.m. Tuesday, Forest Park, 320 N. Locust St., an 18-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects damaged a vehicle owned by a 55-year-old Ottawa man.
• 5:09 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of South Mulberry Street, a 61-year-old man was found deceased of unknown causes. The case is under investigation. Foul play was not suspected at this time, police said.
• 10:01 a.m. Tuesday, Price Chopper, 120 E. 19th St., a 71-year-old Rantoul woman reported an unknown suspect stole a cell phone she left in a shopping cart.
• 6:25 p.m. Monday, 100 block of West 13th Street, a 21-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown vehicle struck her 2005 Lexus passenger car.
• 1:53 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Sycamore Street (alley), a 2001 Chevrolet driven by Karen Tegtmeyer, 45, Ottawa, struck a parked 2015 Ford owned by Mark Carry. No injuries reported.
• 3:54 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Cedar Street, a vehicle driven by an unknown driver struck a cable holding a power pole. The case is under investigation.
• 5:54 p.m. Tuesday, Thriftopia, 2210 S. Princeton Circle Drive, a 46-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown suspect struck her 1999 Chrysler while it was parked and left without reporting it.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 100 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Ash Street, special assignment; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; Virginia and Riley roads, assist other agency.
• Tuesday: 400 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 600 block of West Fourth Street, animal complaint; 300 block of West Third Street, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 12:13 a.m. Tuesday, KOFO Radio, 320 E. Radio Road, lightning strike (no fire).
• 8:29 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of North Poplar Street, authorized controlled burning.
Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Monday through Tuesday.