Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 1 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Dominique Cloutier, 31, Ottawa, was arrested on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 4:25 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of North Cherry Street, a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was arrested on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 1:14 a.m. Thursday, 1700 block of Sand Creek Road, an Ottawa man reported being battered by his daughter during an argument. He also reported a Falls Church, Virginia, woman was on his property, in violation of an active trespass warning against her. A rental vehicle driven by the Virginia woman was located on the property and towed away, according to a sheriff’s report. The Virginia woman and the man’s daughter were not located in the area. A report was being forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of K-68, a 31-year-old Pomona woman reported the theft of her white, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 truck from the parking lot at the Wal-Mart Distribution Center by a potentially known suspect, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Kentucky Road, a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect used his credit card to purchase items online. Total loss was $839.48.
• 4:59 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of John Brown Road, a 2005 Chevrolet driven by a 17-year-old Osawatomie boy was eastbound on John Brown Road when it left the roadway for an unknown reason and struck a tree. No injuries were reported.
• 8:20 p.m. Wednesday, 4600 block of K-68, a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Miriam Ferguson, 74, Ottawa, was westbound on K-68 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway.
Police Department News
• 9:47 a.m. Wednesday, 1600 block of South Osage Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported a known subject battered a juvenile-aged person. The case is under investigation.
• 11:47 a.m. Wednesday, 900 block of East Seventh Street, a 75-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject entered his unlocked residence and stole items while he was asleep. The case is under investigation.
• 12:36 a.m. Friday, 300 block of East Ninth Street, a 26-year-old man reported an unknown suspect entered his home, committing burglary, theft and criminal damage to property. The case is under investigation.
• 4:50 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of East Logan Street, a 2009 Nissan passenger car driven by Polly Lange, 51, Ottawa, went over the concrete median and struck a pole owned by Kansas Department of Transportation. No injuries were reported.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 800 block of Main Street, theft; 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Thursday: K-33 and Thomas Road, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 4:15 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of North Cherry Street, natural vegetation fire/other.
• 5:33 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of West Sixth Street, water problem/other.
Firefighters assisted with nine medical calls Wednesday through Thursday.