Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 2 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Shane DeCock, 29, Ottawa, on three Franklin County warrants for failure to appear.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:29 a.m. Saturday, 400 block of North Main Street, Jack Tipton, 32, Missouri, on suspicion of transporting an open container, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia, after being contacted by officers on a traffic stop.
• 1:29 a.m. Saturday, 400 block of North Main Street, Amber Laferriere, 31, McPherson, on suspicion of no proof of insurance, after being contacted on a traffic stop.
• 9:25 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Sycamore Street, Austin Drayer, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated domestic battery, criminal damage to property, and criminal restraint.
• 10:30 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Sycamore Street, Jeremiah Stanley, 26, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 8:32 p.m. Saturday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Gage Shoemaker, 18, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 11:57 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of West 15th Street, Lori Santangelo-Kelly, 51, Independence, Missouri, on suspicion of driving under the influence, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 11:29 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of South Oak Street, Trenton Rowsey, 26, Ottawa, on suspicion of domestic battery, criminal threat, and criminal damage to property.
• 2:07 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of South Ash Street, Christopher Lohmann, 29, homeless, on suspicion of trespassing.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 12:26 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of Madison Street, Pomona, a 63-year-old Pomona man reported he found two bicycles in his yard on Friday, and no one picked them up over the weekend. The bicycles were collected as found property.
• 8:32 a.m. Friday, 3400 block of Utah Road, a 49-year-old Wellsville man reported a pool ladder with an estimated value of $150 was stolen from his property.
• 8:26 a.m. Friday, 1900 block of Labette Road, Ottawa, a 2002 Chevrolet driven by Jase Nelson, 21, Dell Rapids, South Dakota, was westbound on Labette Road when Nelson swerved to avoid a deer in the roadway and his vehicle struck a bridge. Nelson’s vehicle was located Saturday, abandoned in the 2500 block of Indiana Road.
• 12:32 p.m. Saturday, 4200 block of I-35, Wellsville, a 2005 Harley Davidson Eletraglide motorcycle driven by Michael Tanner, 39, Kansas City, Kansas, was southbound on I-35 when the rear tire blew out, causing the motorcycle to overturn. Tanner and his passenger, Rebecca Kampfer, 39, Kansas City, Kansas, were transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
• 10:30 p.m. Sunday, 3900 block of I-35, a 2018 Ford Fuston driven by Lloyd Rock, 46, Overland Park, was northbound when it struck a deer on the roadway.
Police Department News
• 3:19 p.m. Friday, Price Chopper, 120 E. 19th St., Tony Cowdin, 49, Ottawa, was issued a notice to appear, on suspicion of criminally trespassing at the business.
• 11:25 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of North Poplar Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject stole an item from his residence.
• 5:23 a.m. Sunday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., an unknown suspect left without paying for gasoline.
• 5:57 p.m. Sunday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a known subject stole items from the store. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist.
• Saturday: 300 block of East Third Street, civil matter; 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, battery; 600 block of Walnut Street, special assignment; 600 block of Meadowbrook Court, 911 disconnect.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Friday through Sunday.