Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 9:20 p.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Joshua Duncan, 20, Pomona, on suspicion of battery, after a physical altercation with another inmate at the county jail.
• 10:58 a.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Rebekah Bennett, 28, Topeka, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 9:03 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of North Cedar Street, Oscar Guerrero, 44, Ottawa, on suspicion of aggravated domestic battery, after a disturbance.
• 9:14 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of K-68, Ashley Sawyer, 32, Lawrence, on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving while suspended, and transporting an open container, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., a 39-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of committing a sex crime.
• 9:33 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of South Elm Street, Christina Elsasser, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of battering a known individual.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 7:44 a.m. Wednesday, 4100 block of Ohio Terrace, Wellsville, a 14-year-old Ottawa girl suffered injuries to her arm from a dog bite. A dog bite report was taken.
• 7:03 p.m. Wednesday, 2700 block of Arkansas Terrace, Quenemo, a 62-year-old Quenemo man reported his dehumidifier caught on fire, which caused damage to his living room floor. The man was able to move the dehumidifier out of the house to the porch, which also sustained damage. The estimated cost of repairs was not available.
• 12:31 p.m. Thursday, 4200 block of Eisenhower Road, a 16-year-old Nevada, Missouri, girl was taken into custody as a runaway from Missouri.
• 11:36 p.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Eisenhower Road, a 1996 GMC Sonoma driven by Matthew Baker, 30, Richmond, was southbound on Eisenhower Road when he lost control of the vehicle and it overturned into a ditch. Baker was transported to Overland Park Regional Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
• 11:45 p.m. Thursday, 2100 block of U.S. 59, a 2012 Dodge Charger driven by Aaron Schaefer, 27, Ottawa, was southbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a large tree branch in the roadway.
Police Department News
• 9:04 a.m. Wednesday, Haley Park, 201 S. Main St., a 76-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown subject damaged items.
• 7:52 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Mulberry Street, stolen property and other items were located in a vehicle that was driven by a known Ottawa man. The suspect was not located on scene. The case is under investigation.
• 7:05 p.m. Thursday, 2400 block of U.S. 59, Longinos Franco-Salgado, 87, Richmond, was issued a notice to appear in court on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident and no proof of insurance, after his 2001 Dodge struck a telephone pole and left the scene, according to a police report.
• 1:56 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 25-year-old Lawrence woman reported an unknown subject stole items.
• 5:44 p.m. Thursday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 22-year-old Ottawa man reported unknown suspects stole his property.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 100 block of Main Street, motorist assist; 400 block of Main Street, traffic complaint; I-35 at milepost 199, traffic complaint; 200 block of East 10th Street, special assignment; I-35 at 198, assist other agency.
• Tuesday: 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of East Eighth Street, special assignment.
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, theft; 400 block of East Second Street, civil matter; 400 block of Main Street, special assignment; Thomas and Utah roads, assist other agency.
• Thursday: 300 block of East Third Street, check welfare; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 200 block of Benton Drive, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 2101 S. Princeton St., extinguish passenger vehicle fire.
• 7:40 a.m. Thursday, Eugene Field, 702 S. Tremont Ave., unintentional smoke detector activation.
• Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Monday through Thursday.