With the Fourth of July celebration week here, many will want to celebrate with fireworks. Franklin County cities have various restrictions on the use of fireworks this week.
If you are in an area that allows fireworks, the National Council on Fireworks Safety has some tips for using fireworks responsibly.
The organization said a responsible adult should always supervise fireworks with children. Light one firework at a time and wear safety glasses. It also advises to always have a bucket of water nearby when shooting off fireworks.
• Ottawa — The discharge of fireworks are prohibited within the Ottawa city limits.
• Wellsville — Fireworks may only be discharged on July 3 and July 4.
• Pomona — Fireworks can be discharged in the city limits from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. June 25 through July 5.
• Richmond — Fireworks are not allowed in the city limits.
• Williamsburg — There is no ordinance against discharging fireworks.
Officials in Lane and Princeton could not be reached for comment.