Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 3:58 p.m. Thursday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., James Cox Jr., 39, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 9:30 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of East First Street, Pomona, Dalton Pabst, 25, Pomona, on a City of Pomona warrant for failure to appear.
• 9:30 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of East First Street, Pomona, Doran Wormell Jr., 35, Pomona, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 7:21 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of North Locust Street, Jonathon Lynch, 26, homeless, for violating a court order.
• 9:52 a.m. Thursday, North Cherry Street, an Ottawa woman reported a violation of a protective order. The case is under investigation.
• 11:56 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of North Main Street, Rodney Orndorff, 58, Lawrence, on suspicion of driving under the influence and no insurance, after committing a traffic infraction.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 1:15 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of Monroe Street, Pomona, a 62-year-old Pomona woman reported she was bitten by a dog.
• 2:20 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of Howell Drive, Ottawa, a 2008 F-150 driven by a 16-year-old Ottawa boy was traveling in the 200 block of Howell Drive when the boy failed to negotiate a curve and the vehicle left the roadway, striking a tree, according to a sheriff’s report. The boy was not injured, the report said.
• 4:39 p.m. Thursday, 2400 block of U.S. 59, a 2013 Ford Escape driven by James Watkins, 63, Garnett, was southbound on U.S. 59 when it struck a construction sign that blew into the roadway during a thunderstorm. No injuries.
Police Department News
• 3:49 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of West 15th Street, a woman reported suspects stole items from a business. The case is under investigation.
• 10:52 a.m. Wednesday, 100 block of East 27th Street, a 2013 Ford driven by Alejandro Aguirre, 22, Ottawa, struck a parked 2017 Ford owned by the City of Ottawa.
• 5:50 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of North Main Street, a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban driven by Jamie Crabtree, 41, Ottawa, struck a 2015 Kia passenger car driven by Keith Bergkamp, 35, Vassar. No injuries. Crabtree was cited for improper backing and no proof of insurance, according to a police report.
• 6:55 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of South Elm Street, Evan Hamiliton, 26, Pomona, reported a Ford Excursion vehicle driven by a 40-year-old Ottawa man struck him on private property. It was unknown if Hamilton sustained injuries.
• 10:55 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of South Oak Street, a 1999 Honda passenger car driven by Matthew Page, 18, Ottawa, struck a 2012 Ford van that was legally parked. Page was cited for inattentive driving.
• 1:57 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of East 13th Street, a 2007 Dodge passenger car driven by Spencer Mayes, 18, Ottawa, backed into a 2006 Honda passenger car driven by Dale Stratton, 68, Ottawa. No injuries. Mayes was cited for improper backing.
• 5:18 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of South Mulberry Street, a 2012 Nissan passenger car driven by Roberta Rhodes, 70, Ottawa, struck a pole owned by the City of Ottawa. No injuries. Rhodes was cited for inattentive driving.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Tuesday: 300 block of Maple Street, animal complaint (unfounded); I-35 and K-33, welfare check; 200 block of Downey Drive, criminal damage.
• Wednesday: I-35 at milepost 198, motorist assist; 700 block of Main Street, general information; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 700 block of Main Street, public assist; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call; 1000 block of Poplar Street, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 2:18 p.m. Thursday, 1000 block of College Lane, system malfunction.
• 4:06 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of Bennett Road, power line down.
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Wednesday and Thursday.