Sheriff Office News
• 5:01 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of S. Beach, Ottawa, a 15-year-old Ottawa female on a Franklin County warrant for unlawful transmission of a visual depiction of a child and promoting obscenity to a minor.
• 11:11 p.m, Thursday, 1600 block of Labette Road, Ottawa, Travis Blackwell, 44, Pomona, on a Shawnee County felony theft warrant.
• 8 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Utah Terrace, Larry Skeet, 75, Lane, reportedly struck a deer Sunday morning.
• 6:35 p.m. Thursday, 4300 I-35, Dean Shaum, 54, Ottawa, was northbound when he lost control of a 2010 Nissan Sentra during heavy rains. He hydroplaned, left the roadway, and rolled the vehicle at least twice. He reported possible injuries, but declined medical transport.
• 7 p.m. Thursday, 4800 Cloud Terrace, Lane, Michael King, 46, Lane, was eastbound in a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 when he struck a deer.
Ottawa Police Department News
• 5:55 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of N. Oak St., Ottawa, Brittany Miller, 27, Ottawa, on an active Johnson County warrant.
• 12:37 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of S. Lincoln St., Ottawa, Lacey Jones, 27, on an active warrant.
• Wednesday, 1000 block of W. Second St., Ottawa, Colton Keith, 18, Overbrook, on possession of marijuana and paraphernalia after a traffic stop.
• 11:49 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of N. Main, Ottawa, Angela Ellis, 39, Ottawa, on an active Neosho County warrant.
• 7:55 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of S. Ash, Ottawa, a 15-year-old female on an active Franklin County warrant.
• 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, 1120 S. Ash St., Ottawa, a 14-year-old Ottawa female and a 15-year-old Ottawa female got into a fight.
• 10:12 a.m. Thursday, 400 block of S. Hickory, a female reported a violation of a protection by abuse order by a known suspect.
• 6:06 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, a 1998 Chevrolet driven by Airen O’Connor, 19, Greeley, rear-ended a 2015 Ford driven by Todd Steinberger, 56, Ottawa. O’Connor was cited for inattentive driving.
Wellsville Police Department News
Wednesday: 200 block of Maple St., check welfare; 600 block of Oak St., juvenile matter.