Sheriff Office News
• 8:29 a.m. Friday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Joshua Anderson, 34, Ottawa, for criminal damage to property after damaging a camera while being housed in the Franklin County Jail.
• 8:39 a.m. Friday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Craig Galey, 45, Blue Mound, on a Franklin County warrant for Failure to Appear.
• 6:20 p.m. Friday, 500 block of Oregon Road, Richmond, Blake Geiler, 25, Princeton, for DUI and transporting an open container of alcohol after he was contacted as being a possible trespasser.
• 10:47 p.m. Friday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Juan Velez, 29, Garnett, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 2:36 a.m. Saturday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Sabrina Green, 27, Ottawa, for trafficking contraband into a correctional facility after marijuana was found on her possession while she was being booked into the Franklin County Adult Detention Center
• 9 a.m. Friday, 2700 block of Stafford Road, Erin Prouty, 36, Baldwin City, was westbound in a 2016 Ford Explorer when she struck a deer.
• 10;30 a.m. Friday, 3000 block of Colorado Road, a 47-year-old Pomona male reported an unknown subject stole two dirt bikes from his garage.
• 12:45 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of Vermont Road, a 84-year-old Tucson, Arizona male reported the theft of his 2007 Toyota Tunda from a property he owns in Rantoul.
• 1:28 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of E. Franklin, Pomona, a 25-year-old Lyndon male reported his vehicle stolen from outside a bar in Pomona. The vehicle was recovered in Osage County.
Ottawa Police Department News
• 9:49 p.m. Friday, 500 block of S. Locust St., Ottawa, Lori Santangelo-Kelly, 52, Kansas City, Missouri, for possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop.
• 4:55 p.m. Friday, 100 block of N. Main St., Ottawa, James Degraffenreid, 44, Eudora, was cited and released for possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and on a warrant another jurisdiction after committing a traffic infraction.
• 12:04 a.m. Saturday, 500 block of S. Oak St., Ottawa, Sabrina Green, 27, Ottawa, for possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and traffic charges after being contacted on a traffic stop.
• 11:46 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of S. Maple St., Ottawa, Alyssa McCurdy, 30, Ottawa, for domestic related criminal damage to property after damaging property belonging to a known Ottawa male.
• 5:57 p.m. Saturday, 100 block of E. 19th St., Ottawa, Paul Weidenbach, 35, Lawrence, for driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia, transporting an open container, driving while suspended and no proof of liability insurance after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 10:28 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of S. Cedar St., Ottawa, William Lute III, 29, Ottawa, for possession of stolen property.
• 10:55 p.m. Sunday, 600 block of W. K-68, Ottawa, Jason Bilyeu, 40, Vassar male for DUI and on a Douglas County warrant after being contacted by officers.
• 9:49 p.m. Friday, 500 block of S. Locust St., Ottawa, Chanda Birckhead-Hillhouse, 55, Ottawa, was issued a notice to appear for possession of paraphernalia.
• 4:44 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of S. Elm St., Ottawa, a 16 year-old Ottawa female was cited and released for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia after committing a traffic infraction.
• 12:15 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of E. 23rd St., Ottawa, an 80 year-old Kansas City, Kansas, female reported an unknown vehicle struck her 2018 Honda SUV and left the scene.
Ottawa Fire Department News
•5:53 a.m. Friday, 1100 W. 15th St., Ottawa, odor of smoke.
• 11:30 a.m. Saturday, 1330 S. Elm St., Ottawa, building and vehicle fire extinguished.
• 1:32 p.m. Saturday, 1045 College St., Ottawa, unintentional alarm system activation.
• 11:41 a.m. Sunday, 27 Rockwood Drive, unintentional smoke detector activation.
• Firefighters assisted with 11 medical calls Friday through Sunday.