More rain is in the forecast for Tuesday, and the National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for Topeka and the surrounding vicinity.
The watch, which is in effect through Wednesday morning, includes Anderson, Brown, Cloud, Coffey, Dickinson, Douglas, Franklin, Geary, Jackson, Jefferson, Lyon, Marshall, Morris, Nemaha, Osage, Ottawa, Pottawatomie, Republic, Riley, Shawnee, Wabaunsee and Washington counties.
Several rounds of showers and thunderstorms will move across the area through Tuesday night. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are expected with locally heavier amounts possible.
With saturated ground conditions from recent rainfall, flash flooding could quick develop. Flooding of rivers and creeks is expected through much of the week.
Tuesday's high in Topeka should be in the mid-70s. A cold front will bring lower temperatures, with highs only in the 50s starting Wednesday through the remainder of the week.
Here is the seven-day outlook from the weather service:
• Tuesday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog between 11 a.m. and noon. High near 74. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
• Tuesday night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 47. South wind around 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
• Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Wednesday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
• Thursday: Patchy frost before 9 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 57.
• Thursday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
• Friday: Showers, mainly between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Friday night: A 40 percent chance of showers before 8 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
• Saturday: Showers, mainly after 2 p.m. High near 58. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
• Saturday night: Showers. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
• Sunday: Showers. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
• Sunday night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
• Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.