Sheriff Office News
• 2:29 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of N. Cedar St., Ottawa, Bobby Whisenant, 22, Wellsville, for possession of ecstasy with intent to distribute, possession of methamphetamine, felony possession of paraphernalia, felon possessing a firearm, and possession of marijuana, during a traffic stop. Riley Boyle-Wolfe, 24, Lawrence, for possession of cocaine and criminal possession of a firearm. Darian Trout, 24, Lawrence, for possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia. Shyanne Jones, 19, Ottawa, on a Coffey County warrant.
• 9:51 p.m. Tuesday, 3600 block of I-35, Brendan Berton, 23, Allerton, Iowa, for possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and trafficking contraband into a correctional facility.
• 9:33 a.m. Monday, 2400 block of I-35, Barbara Balla, 47, Independence, Missouri, reported she was southbound in a 2010 Ford F-150 when the driver of a newer model Chevrolet Malibu with an unknown license plate, struck the driver side of her vehicle. The suspect vehicle fled the area and was not located.
• 3700 block of Rock Creek Road, Renee Surita, 43, Ottawa was westbound in A 2014 Kia Optima when she entered flood waters and was forced off the side of the roadway.
• 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of K-68, Ronnie Smith, 59, Ottawa, was driving a 2017 Chevy truck eastbound when he struck a deer.
Ottawa Police Department News
• 12:51 a.m. Monday, 1200 N. Poplar St., Ottawa, James Justice, 57, Ottawa, for warrant Arrest and possession of methamphetamine after being contacted during a field investigation.
• 5:24 a.m. Monday, 1000 block of S. Walnut St., Ottawa, Kyana Evans, 26, Ottawa, for drug paraphernalia after being contacted during a suspicious activity investigation.
• 5:24 a.m. Monday, 1000 block of S. Walnut St., Ottawa, Oceana Scobee, 26, Ottawa, for an active Anderson County warrant
• 10:27 a.m. Monday, 800 block of S. Lincoln, Ottawa, Trenton Parker, 18, Garnett, for possession of paraphernalia after being contacted on a traffic stop.
• 8:24 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of S. Main St., Justin Siwek, 29, Overland Park, for DUI and possession of a controlled substance after officers were dispatched to a suspicious activity call.
• 12:52 p.m. Monday, 1500 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, a 2006 Dodge driven by Derik Holstine, 32, Waverly, struck a 1999 Buick driven by Sandra Gilliam, 61, Ottawa, which caused the Buick to hit a 2014 Subaru driven by Terry Lloyd, 56, Westmoreland. Holstine was cited for inattentive driving.
• 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of E. Ninth St., 2005 Saab driven by Carrie Lira, 48, Ottawa, struck a 1996 Chevrolet driven by Dustin Markus, 40, Ottawa. Lira was cited for failure to yield, Lira and another passenger were transported for minor injuries. Markus was cited for driving while suspended and possession of paraphernalia.
• 3:28 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of N. Poplar St., Ottawa, a 2015 GMC driven by Justin Carey and owned by the City of Ottawa struck a large pole.
• 9:01 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of East 14th St., a 48-year-old Ottawa male reported he had been scammed.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: I-35 milemarker 196, assist other agency; 600 block of Walnut St., special assignment; 300 block of Maple St., medical call; 600 block of Walnut St., public assist.
• Saturday: 700 block of Main St., special assignment; I-35 milemarker 196, assist other agency; 500 block of Pine St., public assist.
• Sunday: 400 block of Pendleton Avenue, public assist.
• Tuesday: 200 block of E. 10th, animal complaint; I-35 milemarker 193, assist other agency; K-33/I-35, animal complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• Firefighters assisted with six medical calls Monday.