Sheriff Office News
• 8:28 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Devin Schwindt, 21, Osage City, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 1:05 p.m. Saturday, 400 block of Pendleton Avenue, Wellsville, Jacob Boehm, 23, Wellsville, for aggravated battery after being involved in an altercation with an 18 year-old Wellsville male.
• 1:30 a.m. Monday, 300 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Brandy Yohe, 29, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 11:10 a.m. Monday, 300 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Levi Morris, 19, Newton, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 12:21 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of W. Seventh St., Ottawa, Joslyn Obrien, 29, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 8:55 p.m. Monday, 300 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Julian Jackson, 20, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 4:27 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Rebecca Bickerstaff, 50, Garnett, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 7:34 a.m. Friday, 400 block of Madison St., Pomona, a 86-year-old Pomona male reported the theft of his 1998 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Truck. The truck was located a short time later in the alley near his residence.
• 12:03 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of Franklin St., Pomona, an employee of Casey’s General Store reported a silver Dodge truck drove off without paying for $35 of diesel fuel.
• 2:34 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of Hoover St., Pomona, a 49-year-old Pomona female reported the theft of a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard handgun from a truck.
• 11:42 a.m. Tuesday, 3600 block of Sand Creek Road, Ottawa, a 49-year-old Ottawa female reported someone stole a .22 caliber pistol from her home.
• 3:35 a.m. Friday, 3800 block of Rock Creek Terrace, Rantoul, a 24-year-old Rantoul female reported a 24-year-old Ottawa male broke into her mother’s residence, strangled her, made criminal threats, and criminally restrained her. He has not been located at this time.
• 8:44 a.m. Friday, 300 block of S. Cherry St., Richmond, a 34-year-old Baldwin City female reported a possible sexual assault between a 14 year-old Richmond female and a 14-year-old Ottawa male.
• 10:19 a.m. Friday, 4200 block of Montana Road, Ottawa, a 36-year-old Ottawa female reported a 17-year-old Ottawa juvenile as a runaway. The juvenile was later found in Missouri and returned.
• 12:38 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of High St., Princeton, a 27-year-old Princeton male reported he was battered by a 26-year-old Princeton female.
• 10:45 a.m. Tuesday, 4300 block of Shawnee Road, Wellsville, a 45-year-old Wellsville female reported an unknown subject made an unauthorized purchase using her debit card information.
• 7:27 p.m. Saturday, 2600 block of I-35, Ottawa, Delbert Edwards, 68, Ottawa, was southbound in a Ford Explorer, when he struck a deer.
• 10:30 p.m. Saturday, 2300 block I-35, Ottawa, Stuart Turley, 36, Kansas City, Kansas, was northbound in a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, when he struck a coyote.
• 7:08 p.m. Sunday, 3000 block of K-68, Cami Scott, 49, Hutchinson, was westbound in a Ford Edge when she struck a deer.
• 9:32 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of E. Franklin St., Kathryn Renfro, 68, Springfield, Missouri, was eastbound in a Lexus Rx pulling a trailer when the driver’s side tire to the trailer became disconnected.
• 10:19 p.m. Monday, 2400 block of I-35, Bradley Newberry, 55, Bonner Springs, was northbound in a 2015 Acura MDX when he struck a deer
• 1 a.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of John Brown Road, Princeton, Destiny Holderfield, 24, Iola, was easbound in a 2014 Ford Fusion when she struck a deer.
• 8:26 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Sand Creek Road, Pomona, Katherine Files, 27, Lyndon, was westbound in a 2007 Ford Focus on Monday when she lost control for unknown reasons, crashed through a fence on the north side of Sand Creek Road and rolled the vehicle. She went to the Ransom Memorial Hospital due to her injuries.
• 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, 4500 block of US 59, Ottawa, Ilse Conard, 26, Ottawa, was northbound in a 2017 Ford Fiesta when she struck a deer.
Ottawa Police Office News
• 3:50 a.m. Saturday, 2300 block of Eisenhower Avenue, Klayton Lacey, 21, Melvern, for driving under the influence, no ignition interlock and improper driving on laned roadways after he was contacted on a traffic stop.
• 3:24 p.m. Sunday, 1000 block of N. Sycamore St., Ottawa, Daniel Hernandez, 59, Ottawa, for interference with law enforcement and disorderly conduct after officers were disppatcehd to a report of a fight.
• 1:08 a.m. Monday, 500 block of S. Walnut St., Ottawa, Brandy Yohe, 29, Ottawa, on an active Franklin County warrant and being in possession of drug paraphernalia.
• 8:45 p.m. Monday, 200 block of N. Main St., Ottawa, Julian Jackson, 20, Ottawa, for an active Franklin County warrant.
• 11:28 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of S. Tremont St., Ottawa, a 13 year-old Ottawa juvenile was arrested after causing a disturbance.
• 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of W. 17th St., Ottawa, Dylan Conklin, 27, Ottawa, for domestic battery and criminal restraint after a disturbance with a 28-year-old family member.
• 9:44 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of W. Second St., Leonardo Gonzalez, 23, Topeka, on an active City of Ottawa warrant.
• 9:18 a.m. Friday, 700 block of W. Second St., Ottawa, a 39-year-old Ottawa female reported a 15-year-old Ottawa female was the victim of electronic solicitation of a child. Case is under investigation.
• 10:39 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of S. Maple St., a 39-year-old Ottawa male reported he was battered by a known suspect and property was damaged during the altercation. A known 31-year-old Ottawa female was arrested for domestic battery, criminal damage to property (domestic related) and violation of protection order.
• 3:17 p.m. Monday, 600 block of N. Cherry St., Ottawa, a 24-year-old Ottawa female reported a domestic disturbance.
• 4:03 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, a 14-year-old Ottawa juvenile was reported as a runaway.
• 12:05 p.m. Friday, 300 block of N. Main St,, Ottawa, a 2014 Kia driven by Jimmy Bryson, 56, Gardner, was struck by a 2002 Ford driven by Michelle Bryant, 24, Princeton. Bryant was cited for inattentive driving. Bryson was cited for no operators license.
• 2:30 p.m. Friday, 2000 block of S. Princeton, Ottawa, a 2014 Honda driven by Melvin Verhaeghe, 63, Baldwin City, was struck by a 2008 Toyota driven by Khamphasith Xaopaxa, who was cited for inattentive driving.
• 9:39 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of N. Main St., Michael Maxton, 28, Ottawa, reported a 2007 Chevrolet had been struck by an unknown vehicle.
• 12:12 p.m. Sunday, 2100 block of S. Princeton St., Ottawa, a 25-year-old Lawrence female reported the theft of items from the store.
• 2 p.m. Sunday, 2100 block of S. Princeton St., Ottawa, a 22-year-old Lawrence male reported the theft of items from the store. Bradley Butter, 30, Ottawa, and Joanna Doan, 29, Ottawa, were cited.
Wellsville Police Office News
• Friday: 700 block of Main St., public assist; 600 block of Walnut St., special assignment; 300 block of W. Seventh St., medical call.
• Saturday: 400 blockof Pendleton Avenue, assist other agency; 700 block of Main St., public assist; 700 block of Main St., public assist; 300 block of Walnut St., animal complaint; I-35 milemarker 198, motorist assist; 700 block of Main St., public assist.
• Sunday: 500 block of W. Fourth St., civil matter; 300 block of E. Eighth St., assault; 400 block of Walnut St., noise complaint; 700 block Main St., public assist; I-35 milemarker 198, assist other agency.
• Monday: 200 block of Hunt Avenue, civil matter; 400 block of Pendelton Avenue, welfare check; 600 block of Main St., parking complaint; 300 block of Main St., suspicious activity; 600 block of Main St., suspicious activity.
• Tuesday: Riley Road/K-33, motorist assist; 700 block of Main, public assist; 4400 block of Missouri Road, assist outside agency; 300 block of Hunt St., recovered property; 300 block of Fourth St., returned property; 700 block of Main St., recovered/returned property; K-33/Stafford Road, drug arrest; 100 block of Locust St., civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 6:32 p.m. Saturday, 717 S. Olive St., Ottawa, unathorized burning.
• 10:55 p.m. Saturday, 501 Otter Lane, Ottawa, cooking fire confined to container.
• 7:48 p.m. Monday, 501 Otter Lane, Ottawa, cooking fire confined to container.
• 10:06 a.m. Monday, 1025 N. Cherry St., Ottawa, authorized controlled burning.
• 5:51 p.m. Tuesday, 1021 N. Sycamore St., Ottawa, unauthorized burning.
• Firefighters assisted with 24 medical calls Thurday through Tuesday.