Sheriff’s Office News
• 1:11 p.m. Friday, 200 block of S. Beech St., Ottawa, Timothy Sullivan, 51, Ottawa, on a Franklin County probable cause warrant for possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding.
• 11:17 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Pendleton Ave., Wellsville, Jeffrey Woods, 57, Ottawa, for a Franklin County failure to appear warrant.
• 9:01 p.m. Saturday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Phillip Guyle Jr, 24, Pomona, for battery on a law enforcement officer after being involved in an altercation while being housed at the Franklin County jail.
• 6:13 p.m. Thursday, 3700 block of Rock Creek Road, Rantoul, a 2002 Chrysler Van driven by April Ball, 35, Ottawa, was traveling westbound when it struck a deer. No injuries were reported.
• 5:30 p.m. Friday, 1800 block of I-35, milemarker 174, Pomona, Ariel Drake, 21, Newton, was northbound in a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze when she struck a deer.
• 7:10 p.m. Saturday, 2500 block of I-35, Ottawa, Taylor Vogt, 24, Washington, was traveling northbound in a 2013 GMC Acadia and struck a deer.
• 7:20 p.m. Saturday, 1900 block I-35, Williamsburg, Kelly Marie Kolker, 48, Lenexa, was northbound in a 2015 Mazda CX-5 when she struck a deer. Kelly and a passenger were treated at the scene by Franklin County EMS for minor injuries.
• 12:54 p.m. Thursday, Roy D. Mercer, 98, Pomona, reported an unknown person broke into his barn and stole a chain saw.
• 6:16 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of Rock Creek Road, Williamsburg, a 28-year-old Morganton, North Carolina, male, accidentally shot himself in the leg, while brushing his teeth. The handgun was a small caliber pocket derringer style handgun that was in his pocket. He was transported to Overland Park Regional for a non-life threatening gunshot.
• 10:46 a.m. Friday, 200 block of Madison St., Pomona, a third party reported a past domestic dispute between a 32-year-old Pomona female and a 31- year-old Pomona male. After an investigation, a report was forwarded to the county attorney for possible prosecution.
• 10:42 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of K-68, Pomona, a 52-year-old Pomona male reported a 17-year-old juvenile ran away from home
Ottawa Police Department News
• 6:31 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of N. Main St., Ottawa, Rusty Carpenter, 34, Lenexa, for battering an 18-year-old male from Gardner.
• 10:41 p.m. Friday, 900 block of S. Burrough, Marc Camacho, 22, Ottawa, damaged property that belonged to a known 25-year-old Ottawa male.
• 8:34 p.m. Saturday, 2100 block of S. Princeton St., Ottawa, Craig Samber, 32, Topeka, for disorderly conduct after being contacted by officers.
• 8:34 p.m. Saturday, 2100 block of S. Princeton St., Ottawa, Laycie Duensing, 27, Topeka, on a Watonwan County, Minnesota warrant.
• 9:17 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of N. Cherry St., Ottawa, Brandon Rothwell, 25, Ottawa, on a Jackson County, Kansas, warrant.
• 1:18 p.m. Thursday, 1600 Ash Court, property owned by the City of Ottawa was damaged by a 1992 Ford. The incident is under investigation.
• 2:33 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of S. Cottonwood St., Ottawa, a 22-year-old Garnett male, reported past child abuse. Case is under investigation.
• 12:40 p.m. Friday, 100 block of W. First St., a 2008 Ford driven by Laura Perry, 30, Wellsville, backed into a 2014 Ford driven by Megan Lee, 38, Wellsville. Perry cited for improper backing.
Wellsville Police Department news
• Wednesday: 400 Block of Walnut, medical call
• Thursday: 800 Block of Main Street, welfare check; 600 Block of Walnut, juvenile complaint; 100 Block of Walnut, public assist.