Sheriff Office News
• 5:47 a.m. Monday, 1700 block of Oregon Road, an unoccupied vehicle was reported overturned in the ditch. After a short investigation, the owner of the car was located and arrested for driving while suspended, obstruction, and leaving the scene of an accident.
• 8:48 a.m. Monday, 305 S. Main St. Ottawa, Fernando Chavez, 57, Olathe, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 12:45 p.m. Monday, 305 S. Main St. Ottawa, Mathew Bohner, 18, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 9:01 p.m. Monday, 2800 Nebraska Road, Ottawa, Trenton Rowsey, 27, Ottawa, for violating bond conditions after being found with a protected female during a traffic stop.
• 1:31 p.m. Monday, 1600 block of K-68, Robert Sparks, 59, Ottawa, was westbound in a 2001 Ford F-350 when he suffered a diabetic episode due to low blood sugar. The vehicle left the roadway to the north, striking a telephone pole owned by Kansas City Power & Light as well as a fence owned by Robert Caylor, 73, Ottawa.
• 7:08 p.m. Monday, 3300 block of Idaho Road, Andrew Putnam, 34, Gardner, was southbound in a 2013 Dodge Charger when a deer struck the passenger side of the vehicle.
Police Department News
• 12:23 a.m. Monday, 700 block of S. Olive St., Ottawa, Mathew Bohnert, 18, Ottawa, for an active Franklin County warrant.
• 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of W. Third St., Ottawa, Michael Shaw, 32, Ottawa, for two active Johnson County warrants.
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of S. Cherry St., Ottawa, Joshua Drum, 25, Quenemo, for an active Osage County warrant.
• 10:56 Tuesday, 225 S. Maple St., Ottawa, a 69-year-old Ottawa male reported someone was stealing electricity from his property. Michael Shaw, 32, Ottawa, was arrested and released on a notice to appear.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 400 block of Locust St., theft; 600 block of Main St., welfare check; 700 block of Locust St., welfare check; 200 block of Downey Drive, animal complaint; 400 block of Main St., public assist.
• Tuesday: 300 block of Pendelton Ave., parking complaint; 100 block of Walnut St., citizen complaint on snow (private property); 400 block of Walnut St., animal complaint; 300 block of E. Fourth St., suspicious activity; 200 block of E. 10th St., drug possession.