Sheriff Office News
• 6 p.m. Monday, 305 S. Main St., Ottawa, Anthony Belles, 36, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 8:30 p.m. Monday, 2700 block of Sand Creek Road, Patrick Butler, 37, Gardner, was arrested for domestic battery.
• 10:50 a.m. Tuesday, 305 S. Main St. Ottawa, Ashley McCrea, 28, Ottawa, for a Franklin County probation violation warrant.
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, 305 S. Main St. Ottawa, Richard Jackson, Jr., 47, Ottawa, for a Franklin County probable cause warrant for burglary, theft and criminal damage to property.
• 5:02 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of S. Main St., Ottawa, Joel Sobba, 33, Ottawa, for a Johnson County warrant.
• 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, 305 S. Main St. Ottawa, Patrick Olsen, 31, Garnett, for a Franklin County failure to appear warrant.
• 11:54 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of Shawnee Road, a 54-year-old Cross Timbers, Missouri, female reported a burglary.
• 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of Fifth St., Pomona, a 25-year-old Pomona female reported a burglary at this residence.
• 2:50 a.m. Tuesday, 500 block of K-68, Pomona, Mason Michel, 28, Quenemo, was eastbound in a 2006 GMC truck when he struck a deer.
• 10:51 a.m. Tuesday, 2900 block of I-35, Emilio Palafox, 46, Wichita, was southbound when his 2006 Chevrolet van slid on the ice covered bridge and struck the concrete bridge rail. After striking the bridge rail, the van struck a 2014 Chevrolet Terrain driven by Cathy McCullough, 58, Baldwin City.
• 3:09 p.m. Tuesday, 200 block of E. Franklin St., Pomona, David Couch, 60, Pomona, was eastbound in a 2004 GMC Sierra, when he attempted to drive around a 2012 Nissan Titan, being driven by Keith Tate, 66, Pomona, that appeared to be making a left turn. The Nissan then made a sudden right turn and struck the driver’s side of the GMC.
• 7:44 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Vermont Road, Rantoul, Victoria Jamescupp, 27, Rantoul, was northbound in a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado, belonging to Robert Jamescupp, 28, Rantoul, when she left the roadway to the east due to slippery road conditions. The vehicle struck mailboxes and damaged a fence.
Ottawa Police Department News
• 2:45 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of S. Ash St., Ottawa, Joe Bowen Jr, 46, Ottawa, violated a protection from abuse order.
• 4:35 p.m. Monday, 800 block of E. Hamblin St., Ottawa, Carl Messick, 49, Ottawa, for interference with law enforcement officer.
• 10:02 p.m. Monday, 1600 block of S. Osage Drive, Ottawa, Joshua Duncan, 22, Ottawa, for active warrants.
• 11:43 p.m. Monday, 900 block of S. Olive St., Ottawa, a 29-year-old Ottawa female for domestic battery and criminal damage to property.
• 5:49 p.m. Tuesday, 200 N. Main St., Ottawa, Kevin Williams, 44, Ottawa, for domestic battery and interference with law enforcement.