The Franklin County Transfer Station not charge county residents to dump flood damage waste until Saturday, Aug. 17.
Those that used the transfer station to dump flood waste between Aug. 1-Aug. 7, are entitled to a refund once you present the original receipt, which shows the date, weight and amount paid. Refunds will be processed and a check will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks.
Proof of residence will be required. Residents may use driver’s license, utility bill, etc. for proof.
Other guidelines include:
• Business waste will not be accepted.
• Not accepted items are: oil, gas, fas tanks, burned trash residue, chemicals or liquid cleaners.
• No free tires (regular pricing applies).
• No appliances with freon ($20 charge applies).
• Paint, batteries, chemicals and household cleaners, may be left at the Franklin County Noxious Weed Department.
Officials ask that residents do not mix these prohibited items in with their flood debris disposal.