With back-to-school inching closer, Ottawa High School announced practice schedules for fall sports this coming week.
All fall sports participants must have physical and concussion awareness forms on file in the high school office, 1120 S. Ash St., Ottawa, before first practice. The schedules are as follows:
• Cross country — 6:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday at OHS. Head coach: Chris Kornhaus, email@example.com
• Girls tennis — 3:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at Forest Park tennis courts, 320 N. Locust St., Ottawa. Head coach: Sharon Morford, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Volleyball — 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday; 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (coach/athlete meetings) Thursday, and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. Saturday schedule TBA. All practices at North Gym at OHS. Head coach: Laura Jeannin, email@example.com
• Boys soccer — 6 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Morning practices take place at Ottawa High School. Afternoon/evening practices take place at OHS practice field, 1301 N. Sycamore St., Ottawa. A soccer golf team activity is set for 8 a.m. Wednesday in Lawrence. The alumni scrimmage is set for 9:30 a.m. Saturday at OHS. Head coach: Roland Jaworski, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Football — Equipment checkout set for 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday. Practice times are 3:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday; 6:15 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 3:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Thursday and Friday (Popsicles from Parents set for 5:45 p.m. Friday); 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday (Mom’s Camp set for 10:15 a.m. Saturday).