Saturday, December 20, 2014

Fire damages north Ottawa home

By The Herald Staff | 1/23/2013

A fire that started Tuesday night in the dryer of a home in north Ottawa caused about $45,000 damage, according to an Ottawa Fire Department report.

Firefighters responded to the fire about 6:19 p.m. at 624 N. Cedar St. No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries occurred while battling the fire, Jeff Carner, fire chief, said Wednesday morning.

The fire, which started in the rear portion of the home on the first floor, was caused by the dryer, Carner said.

“The fire caused an estimated $45,000 damage to the home,” Carner said. “The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family with temporary needs.”

comments powered by Disqus