Your Turn
Should the City of Ottawa reconsider its ban on Sunday liquor sales?

  • Yes.
  • No.
  • I don't know.
  • I don't care.

Suggest a poll topic

CALENDAR

Send your events to
The Herald at
news@ottawaherald.com

DIGITAL EDITIONS
The Herald


The Herald
for subscribers

Recent Herald Special Sections


Free
Latest Herald
Special Section

The Shopper


Free
The Shopper

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:49 AM

Photo by Matt Bristow/The Ottawa Herald


Scorch marks run up the rear of a house Wednesday at 624 N. Cedar St., Ottawa. A dryer fire Tuesday night caused an estimated $45,000 damage to the house.

Fire damages north Ottawa home

By The Herald Staff

A fire that started Tuesday night in the dryer of a home in north Ottawa caused about $45,000 damage, according to an Ottawa Fire Department report.

Firefighters responded to the fire about 6:19 p.m. at 624 N. Cedar St. No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries occurred while battling the fire, Jeff Carner, fire chief, said Wednesday morning.

The fire, which started in the rear portion of the home on the first floor, was caused by the dryer, Carner said.

“The fire caused an estimated $45,000 damage to the home,” Carner said. “The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family with temporary needs.”

E-mail to a friend | Print Text |
Enjoy the convenience of home delivery of The Ottawa Herald.