Your Turn
How helpful are the Herald's political endorsements to you as a voter?

  • Extremely helpful when I head to the polls.
  • I take them under consideration.
  • Meh.
  • I typically disregard them.
  • The Herald shouldn't give endorsements.

Suggest a poll topic

CALENDAR

Send your events to
The Herald at
news@ottawaherald.com

DIGITAL EDITIONS
The Herald


The Herald
for subscribers

Recent Herald Special Sections


Free
Latest Herald
Special Section

The Shopper


Free
The Shopper

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:20 PM

Woman, child with health problems survive carbon monoxide scare

By DOUG CARDER, Herald Senior Writer

A build-up of carbon monoxide in a home at 514 N. Cherry St. forced an Ottawa woman and her infant child to evacuate the residence Sunday afternoon.

Angel Kolbury called the Ottawa Fire Department about 1 p.m. Sunday to report the carbon monoxide alarm in the home had activated continuously for several seconds, a fire department report said. Firefighters arrived on the scene four minutes later and met with Kolbury, who was waiting on the front porch, the report said.

Login to read more.

E-mail to a friend | Print Text |
Enjoy the convenience of home delivery of The Ottawa Herald.