• Saturday: Joseph Tokarz, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Amie Mitchell, Baldwin City.
• Friday: Larry Jordan, Ottawa; Elroy Washington, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Saundra Jerred, Wellsville; Lavon Zabel, Melvern.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 8:25 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 16-year-old Ottawa boy on suspicion of two counts of criminal damage to property after kicking two toilets while housed at the detention center.
• 10:51 a.m. Saturday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 47-year-old Ottawa man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court and on a City of Pomona warrant for failure to pay child support.
• 3:41 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of K-68, a 44-year-old Pomona man on suspicion of domestic battery, battery, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:06 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Cherry Street, a 21-year-old Spring Hill woman on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 1:54 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Main Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, after being stopped for a traffic infraction. The man also was found to be in unlawful possession of brass knuckles, according to a police report.
• 2:21 a.m. Sunday, 100 block of East Fifth Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant, after being contacted on a traffic stop.
• 3:55 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of South Main Street, a 25-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of aggravated assault, criminal threat, domestic battery and criminal restraint, after a domestic disturbance.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:20 a.m. Friday, 400 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 61-year-old Pomona woman reported a known 22-year-old Pomona man damaged a door at her residence. Estimated damage was $50.
• 2:05 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 220 S. Beech St., a 44-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown person was using his checking account without his permission. Estimated loss was $205.
• 6:48 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 38-year-old Pomona woman reported a trampoline was stolen from her back yard. Estimated loss was $200.
• 6:48 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Taylor Street, Pomona, a 37-year-old Pomona man reported a McCulloch chainsaw was stolen from the bed of his truck. Estimated loss was $100.
• 7:36 a.m. Sunday, 4300 block of Stafford Terrace, a 79-year-old Wellsville man, reported someone broke into three buildings on his property and stole a John Deere utility vehicle and several tools. Total estimated loss was $7,500.
• 11:20 a.m. Sunday, 4000 block of Colorado Road, a 77-year-old Pomona man reported an unknown suspect entered his garage and stole a handgun and ammunition from a locked cabinet. Estimated loss was $435.
• Sunday, no time given, a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Keith Tyner, 21, Ottawa, was southbound on I-35 when it got off the interstate at exit 185, failed to yield to Marshall Road traffic and collided with a 2000 Ford Explorer driven by David McNabb, 28, Ottawa, which was eastbound in the 3000 block of Marshall Road, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries, the report said.
• 5:22 a.m. Monday, 2500 block of Eisenhower Road, responded to a report of a power line in the roadway. Upon arrival, sheriff’s personnel discovered a light pole owned by Kansas Department of Transportation was struck by a vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. No vehicles were located.
Police Department News
• 12:58 p.m. Sunday, 300 block of South Oak Street, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported being battered by an unknown man. The case is under investigation.
• 10:05 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of South Elm Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known subject stole medication. The case is under investigation.
• 10:10 a.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 30-year-old Manhattan man reported an unknown subject used his financial card for unauthorized purchases.
• 2:46 p.m. Friday, a 44-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown subject used his financial card for unauthorized purchases at Walgreens, 1445 S. Main St., Goppert State Bank, 1250 E. Logan St., and Fuel Expresso, 2518 E. Logan St., all in Ottawa.
• 3:10 p.m. Sunday, 1300 block of South Mulberry Street, a 43-year-old Ottawa woman reported unknown suspects entered a residence and stole items. The case is under investigation.
• 8:06 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of West Second Street, a 41-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of a license plate.
• 6:48 p.m. Sunday, 500 block of South Main Street, a 57-year-old Ottawa woman and a 12-year-old Ottawa woman battered one another. The case is under investigation.
• 1:30 p.m. Friday, 900 block of South Cedar Street, a 2008 Dodge passenger car driven by Wendy Ashburn, 41, Baldwin City, was struck by a 2009 KIA passenger car driven by Bobby Fluke, 67, Ottawa, according to a police report. Ashburn was cited for failing to yield at a stop sign, the report said. No injuries were reported.
• 8:19 a.m. Saturday, Ottawa Mini Mart, 2243 S. Princeton St., a 40-year-old Pomona woman reported an unknown vehicle struck the building and then left the scene.
Wellsville Police Department
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 400 block of Main Street, private property accident; 300 block of West Second Terrace, criminal use of a financial card; K-33 and I-35, motorist assist; I-35 at mile marker 193, assist other agency.
• Saturday: I-35 at mile marker 200, assist other agency; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 200 block of Main Street, medical call.
• Sunday: 600 block of Maple Street, ordinance violation; 600 block of Walnut Street, burglary; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist; 1000 block of Poplar Street, motorist assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 10:06 a.m. Friday, 1100 W. 15th St., alarm system activation. No fire reported.
• 11:48 p.m. Saturday, Sirloin Stockade, 2230 S. Princeton Circle Drive, firefighters were called to a fire outside Sirloin Stockade. Upon arrival, firefighters found restaurant employees attempting to put out a burning bush outside the building. Firefighters finished extinguishing the bush, according to a report. Discarded smoking material caused the fire, the report said.
• 1:30 p.m. Sunday, 311 W. Wilson St., authorized controlled burning.
• 10:54 p.m. Sunday, 501 S. Otter Lane, smoke detector activation. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assist with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.