• Monday: Roberta Bronson, Ottawa; Dorothy Shaffer, Wellsville.
• Tuesday: William Leib, Ottawa; Sabra Moses, Ottawa; Gary Tweedy, Ottawa.
• Monday: Jesse Hall, Quenemo.
• Tuesday: Dorothy Shaffer, Wellsville.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Department Arrests
• 1:05 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 36-year-old Baldwin City man on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear in court.
• 6:51 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Kansas Avenue, Lane, a 27-year-old Lane man on suspicion of interference with a law enforcement officer and an Anderson County warrant, after responding to a medical call at this location.
• 10:45 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 38-year-old man, no address given, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
Police Department Arrests
• 9:57 a.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., a 51-year-old Ottawa man on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 1:31 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of South Main Street, a 24-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of battering an Ottawa woman.
• 5:34 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of East Eighth Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa man on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container.
Sheriff’s Department News
• 10:18 a.m. Monday, 2500 block of U.S. 59, a 32-year-old Ottawa man reported that his boyfriend, a 47-year-old Ottawa man, attempted to run him over with a pickup, after an argument. The 47-year-old countered that the 32-year-old attempted to punch him after he was told to get out of the truck, and that the 32-year-old hit the truck’s rearview mirror, causing damage to the windshield and mirror. A report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 10:51 a.m. Tuesday, Hubert Street, Richmond, a report was forwarded to the county attorney’s office regarding a Richmond man being in violation of the Kansas Offender Registration Act.
• 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Shawnee Road, an 83-year-old Wellsville woman reported she was being abused by her son, also of Wellsville. The case is under investigation.
• 11:04 a.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Vermont Road, a 1988 Chevrolet pickup and trailer driven by James Peckham, 69, Rantoul, was attempting to turn left onto Kingman Road when the driver’s side rear of the trailer was struck by a 2006 Ram pickup driven by Dean Newton, 50, Osawatomie, who was trying to pass Peckham’s vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. No injuries, the report said.
Police Department News
• 11:54 a.m. Monday, 700 block of South Tremont Avenue, a 22-year-old Ottawa woman and a 38-year-old Ottawa woman were involved in a physical altercation. The case is under investigation.
• 2:14 p.m. Monday, 1300 block of South Beech Street, a 19-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject brandished a firearm after a verbal altercation. The case is under investigation.
• 8:15 p.m. Monday, 300 block of South Elm Street, a 54-year-old Ottawa woman reported she was bit on the ankle by a dog. The dog’s owner, a 25-year-old Ottawa woman, was cited on suspicion of harboring a vicious animal, no city registration, and no proof of vaccinations.
• 10:59 a.m. Tuesday, Knights Inn, 1641 S. Main St., a 70-year-old Ottawa man reported a known subject damaged a television. The case is under investigation.
• 8:46 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of East Massasoit Street, a 32-year-old Texas woman reported she was being harassed by a known individual. A 41-year-old Ottawa man was later cited on suspicion of harassment by telecommunication device, according to a police report.
• 12:10 p.m. Monday, 900 block of South Ash Street, a 79-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole an item from his vehicle.
• 5:36 p.m. Monday, 600 block of North Oak Street, a 50-year-old Ottawa man reported items were stolen from his garage by an unknown subject.
• 11:53 a.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of South Princeton Street, a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe driven by Judith Smithhisler, 71, Parker, struck a 2004 Nissan passenger car driven by Sabrina Kalm, 18, Ottawa. Smithhisler was cited for improper turn, according to a police report. No injuries, according to the report.
• 5:17 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of East Eighth Street, a 1999 Ford F-250 driven by Billy Bush, 56, Ottawa, was struck by a 2016 Chevrolet passenger car driven by Jesse King, 25, Ottawa. Bush was cited for basic speed, and King was cited for failure to yield right of way and no proof of insurance, according to a police report. No injuries, according to the report.
Wellsville Police Department
• Monday: 1000 block of Poplar Street, civil standby; 200 block of Main Street, suspicious activity; 200 block of Downey Drive, trespass warning; 200 block of Main Street, recovered property; BNSF Railway, animal complaint; 300 block of East Seventh Street, traffic complaint; 700 block of Main Street, civil matter; I-35 at mile marker 195, assist other agency.
• Tuesday: Seventh and Walnut streets, traffic complaint; 400 block of East Third Street, assist other agency; 200 block of Benton Drive, check welfare; Fourth and Main streets, public assist.
Ottawa Fire Department
• 8:57 p.m. Tuesday. 1245 S. Mulberry St., smoke or odor scare. No fire reported.
• Firefighters assisted with eight medical calls Monday and Tuesday.
Doug Carder is Herald managing editor. Email him at email@example.com