Ransom Memorial Hospital Notes
• Friday: Deni Hamic, Ottawa.
• Saturday: Shirley Gilroy, Ottawa.
• Sunday: Ronnie Walker, Ottawa.
• Friday: Gertrude Guy, Wellsville; Sabra Moses, Ottawa; Loretta Traver, Quenemo; Steven Winn, Burlington.
• Sunday: Karen Comstock, Ottawa; Shirley Gilroy, Ottawa; Dale Pearson, Ottawa.
• Friday: Baby girl, 6 pounds, 5.8 ounces, to Deni and Kenneth Hamic of Ottawa.
Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 10:15 a.m. Friday, 300 block of South Main Street, Craig Herl, 32, Emporia, on a Franklin County warrant.
• 11:04 p.m. Friday, 4600 block of John Brown Road, Travis Clark, 45, Lane, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 11:30 p.m. Friday, 200 block of Franklin Street, Jason Hutchison, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving while suspended, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
Police Department Arrests
• 1:30 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, Joshua Rush, 32, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 3:40 p.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Randy Scott, 57, Ottawa, on suspicion of theft.
• 1:01 p.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Main Street, Christopher Hodges, 36, Lawrence, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, driving while suspended, no proof of insurance, after being contacted by officers.
• 1:07 p.m. Saturday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., Clinton Dubray, 25, Lawrence, on suspicion of motor fuel theft.
• 3:34 p.m. Saturday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., Brandon Tiede, 21, Ottawa, on suspicion of trespassing.
• 12:35 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of Linwood Avenue, Heath Redding, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after committing a traffic infraction.
• 1:56 a.m. Sunday, 2000 block of South Princeton Circle Drive, Matthew Sylvester, 34, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after committing a traffic infraction.
• 10:57 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of North Cleveland Street, Jack Mibeck, 54, Ottawa, on a Douglas County warrant.
• 1:30 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Christopher Nichols, 20, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 7:09 a.m. Friday, K-68 and Tennessee Road, a 1989 Chevrolet pickup driven by Daniel Humphrey, 35, Ottawa, was northbound when it struck a deer.
• 7:20 p.m. Saturday, 4600 block of K-68, a 2005 Pontiac G6 driven by Cierra Achey, 18, Paola, was westbound on K-68 when it struck an unknown animal.
• 5:41 p.m. Sunday, 1200 block of Vermont Road, Lane, a 2005 Honda Pilot driven by Kyle House, 35, Garnett, was northbound on Vermont Road when it struck a deer in the roadway.
Police Department News
• 5:07 p.m. Friday, 700 block of East Third Street, a 13-year-old Ottawa youth was issued a notice to appear in court, after using a credit card without permission.
• 5:51 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of Underwood Street, a 38-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 14-year-old youth as a runaway. The teenager was later located.
• 3:19 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of West 10th street, received a report of a vicious animal at large. The canine was later located and taken to the shelter. Case is under investigation.
• 2:14 p.m. Saturday, Westwood Circle, a 62-year-old Ottawa man reported fraudulent charges on his credit card. Case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Saturday: 100 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
• Sunday: I-35 at milepost 198, motorist assist; 500 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 300 block of Walnut Street, medical call.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 10:23 a.m. Friday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., vehicle fire.
• 6 p.m. Friday, 500 block of South Main Street, malicious/mischievous false call.
• 2:07 p.m. Saturday, 406 N. Sycamore St., service call.
• 10:39 p.m. Saturday, 501 Otter Lane, false alarm.
Firefighters assisted with 10 medical calls Friday through Sunday.