For individuals as well as businesses, navigating the world of Medicare can be confusing. With a two-hour class this April, one area agency is aiming to fix that.
The East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging (ECKAAA) plans to host a Medicare training seminar 10 a.m. to noon April 11 at ECKAAA’s office, 117 S. Main St., Ottawa. According to an ECKAAA press release, attendees must pre-register due to limited seating. Registration can be done by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the agency at (785) 242-7200.
“ECKAAA will host this training for people new to the Medicare system who are turning 65 or receive benefits due to disability,” the release said. “And for business staff who help transition employees into Medicare from employer based insurance.”
Issues covered at the seminar will include:
• What makes someone Medicare eligible.
• Medicare benefits (A, B, C, D).
• Medicare vs. Social Security.
• Medicare enrollment process and timelines.
• What to do if you are 65 and still working.
• Coordination of benefits when using Medicare and employer or retiree insurance.
• Medicare supplements.
• Questions to ask when considering your options.
• Resources that may be of help.
“There is a suggested registration donation of $10,” The release said. “Anyone needing further assistance or a follow-up appointment will be able to make an appointment with ECKAAA staff.”