Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 10:49 p.m. Friday, 100 block of East Franklin Street, Joshua Smith, 36, Lawrence, was taken into custody after multiple pursuits in Franklin County and Osage County. A report was being forwarded to the county attorney’s office for possible prosecution on multiple charges due to Smith being in the custody of Osage County.
• 8:02 p.m. Saturday, 4300 block of U.S. 59, Erin Graham, 34, Chicago, Illinois, was issued a notice to appear on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, after being stopped for a traffic infraction. Kendall Burke, 33, Chicago, also was issued a notice to appear on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• 12:52 a.m. Sunday, 500 block of K-68, Justin Hilderbrand, 38, Topeka, on suspicion of driving under the influence and transporting an open container, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 2:15 a.m. Sunday, 3500 block of U.S. 59, Bailey Rice, 19, Baldwin City, on suspicion of driving under the influence, following the investigation of an injury crash.
Police Department Arrests
• 5:13 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of North Main Street, Leslie Rowden, 45, Lawrence, on a Reno County warrant, as well as on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 8:40 p.m. Friday, Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center, 226 S. Beech St., a 15-year-old Wellsville boy was taken into custody as a runaway and processed into juvenile detention center.
• 6:46 a.m. Friday, Casey’s General Store, 210 E. Franklin St., Pomona, Casey’s manager reported a gas drive off in which an unknown suspect in a white 1980s truck pulling a car dolly stole $54.24 of unleaded fuel.
• 5:10 p.m. Friday, 2700 block of Rock Creek Road, a 58-year-old Ottawa woman reported someone stole a metal sign off the side of her shed. Loss was valued at $1,000.
• 10:35 p.m. Sunday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Franklin County Corrections officers reported the theft of prepaid phone cards from an inmate’s commissary account that occurred Dec. 28, 2017. Total loss was $98.15.
• 2:15 a.m. Sunday, 3500 block of U.S. 59, a 2006 Toyota Tacoma driven by Bailey Rice, 19, Baldwin City, was traveling northbound on U.S. 59 when it crossed the centerline and struck a southbound 2001 Honda Accord driven by Alexandrea Adams, 22, Platte City, Missouri. Adams was transported to Overland Park Regional for treatment of unknown injuries sustained during the crash. Two passengers in Adams’ vehicle were transported to Ransom Memorial Health, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, with unknown injuries. After the investigation, a report was being forwarded to the county attorney’s office for minor in possession of alcohol for all occupants of Adams’ vehicle. Rice was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police Department News
• 2:45 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of South Osage Drive, a 35-year-old Ottawa woman reported theft of an item.
• 6:11 p.m. Sunday, Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St., a 32-year-old Ottawa man reported an unknown suspect attempted to use his debit card without his permission.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Friday: I-35 at milepost 198, assist other agency.
• Saturday: 600 block of Main Street, animal complaint; 200 block of Main Street, juvenile complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 11:43 a.m. Friday, 1600 block of South Elm Street, carbon monoxide detector activation, with no carbon monoxide found.
• 2:57 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of North Cherry Street, HazMat release investigation, with no hazardous materials found.
Firefighters assisted with 12 medical calls Friday through Sunday.