Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 9:26 a.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Nicholas Liner, 31, Kansas City, Missouri, on a Franklin County warrant for probation violation.
• 8:31 p.m. Monday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St., Jeffrey Reust, 32, El Dorado, Kansas, and Dillon Wildin, 28, Wichita, were both arrested for battery, after being involved in a physical altercation while being housed at the Franklin County Adult Detention Center.
• 1:16 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, 305 S. Main St. Kayla Underwood, 28, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 2:07 p.m. Tuesday, 1418 S. Main St., Jason Phillips, 29, Garnett, on a Doniphan County warrant for failure to comply with probation.
Police Department Arrests
• 8:52 a.m. Monday, 500 block of North Mulberry Street, Ashley Decock, 30, Ottawa, on a City of Ottawa warrant.
• 10:28 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Cottonwood Street, Michelle Heenan, 37, Ottawa, on suspicion of battery on a law enforcement officer, interference with law enforcement and disorderly conduct, after being contacted by law enforcement.
• 10:28 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Cottonwood Street, Adam Heenan, 38, Ottawa, on suspicion of violating a protection order.
• 12:54 a.m. Tuesday, 200 block of East 27th Street, Christopher Moore, 33, Ottawa, on suspicion of driving under the influence, ignition interlock device, no proof of insurance and possession of marijuana, after being stopped for a traffic infraction.
• 5:32 a.m. Wednesday, 1900 bock of South Princeton Street, Thomas Martin, 31, Pomona, on suspicion of possession of meth, possession of paraphernalia and on a Douglas County warrant, after being contacted by officers.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 1:25 a.m. Tuesday, 3800 block of Haskell Road, Princeton, a 16-year-old Peculiar, Missouri, girl was taken into custody as a runaway, after leaving KVC placement in Franklin County. She was released to KVC after processing.
• 2:13 p.m. Monday, 2800 block of Arkansas Terrace, Quenemo, a 59-year-old Wisconsin man reported the theft of a load management indicator cable containing copper wire. Estimated loss was $50. He also reported damage to a tool chest and a hydraulic hose. Estimated damage was $1,900. All of the items were owned by Ames Construction Inc.
• 2:13 p.m. Monday, 2600 block of Georgia Road, a 33-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown person fraudulently used her bank information online through Walmart.com. Total loss was $1,500.
• 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, 4300 block of Shawnee Terrace, a 49-year-old Wellsville man reported several fraudulent charges on his debit card account. The case is under investigation.
• 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Osborne Road, a 62-year-old Pomona woman reported the theft of a lock on her gate. Estimated loss was $10.
• 5:40 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Stafford Road, a 2014 Chevrolet pickup driven by Simon Jamison, 31, Centropolis, was eastbound in the 2400 block of Stafford Road when it struck a deer.
Police Department News
• 4:09 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of West 17th Street, Bryan Whitt, 24, Ottawa, was cited and released, on suspicion of battering a 22-year-old Ottawa man.
• 9:31 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Cottonwood Street, a 37-year-old Ottawa woman reported a known suspect assaulted her. The case is under investigation.
• 5:11 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of South Maple Street, two Ottawa teenagers, ages 16 and 18, battered each other. The case is under investigation.
• 7:28 p.m. Monday, Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St., reported an unknown suspect stole gasoline.
• 5:25 p.m. Tuesday, Dollar General, 2212 S. Princeton Circle Drive, a 23-year-old Ottawa woman reported an unknown subject used her financial card.
• 10:56 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of South Cedar Street, a 2002 Ford driven by George Sayers, 80, Pomona, struck a parked 1998 Dodge owned by a 17-year-old Ottawa boy. No reported injuries.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: 600 block of West Third Terrace, public assist; 100 block of Walnut Street, damage to property (unfounded); 800 block of Main Street, trespass; 300 block of East Eighth Street, unsecure building; 200 block Downey Drive, public assist; 200 block of Downey Drive, 911 disconnect; 200 block of Downey Drive, welfare check; 300 block of East Third Street, public assist.
• Tuesday: 600 block of Walnut Street, parking complaint.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 8:50 a.m. Monday, 200 block of West Second Street, carbon monoxide detector activation, no CO discovered.
Firefighters assisted with four medical calls Monday.