Franklin County Jail
Sheriff’s Office Arrests
• 8:54 a.m. Wednesday, Franklin County Adult Detention Center, Kirby Decock, 27, Ottawa, on a Franklin County warrant for failure to appear.
• 1:09 p.m. Thursday, 1600 block of Vermont Road, Mona Mull, 56, Rantoul, on a warrant for another jurisdiction.
Police Department Arrests
• 10:28 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of South Main Street, Sebastion Free, 24, Ottawa, and Nathan Nelson, 29, Ottawa, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and transporting an open container, after being stopped for a traffic violation.
• 11:17 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of South Main Street, Kathryn Duncan, 26, Ottawa, on two Douglas County warrants.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 3:09 a.m. Thursday, 4700 block of John Brown Road, a 2005 Dodge Ram driven by Peggy Craig, 67, Rantoul, was traveling eastbound on John Brown Road when she fell asleep and her truck left the roadway, overturning in a ditch. Craig was not injured, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 7:25 a.m. Thursday, 3100 block of Virginia Road, a 2003 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Jivonna Bordelon, 18, Paola, was northbound on Virginia Road when she swerved to miss an unknown vehicle in her lane of travel and the Volkswagen ran off the roadway, striking a tree. Bordelon was transported by family members to Ransom Memorial Health, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, for treatment of possible injuries.
• 1:20 p.m. Thursday, I-35 at milepost 178, a 2004 Honda CVR driven by Karen Abart, 58, Emporia, was southbound on I-35 when she lost control of the vehicle and it rolled over. Abart was transported from the scene by Franklin County EMS personnel to Ransom Memorial Health for treatment of injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
• 8:50 p.m. Thursday, 2700 block of Virginia Road, Lexi Naegle, 22, and Callie Naegle, 25, both of Shawnee, were traveling southbound on a 2001 Honda four-wheeler when they took a corner too fast, lost control, and fell off. Both women were transported to Overland Park Regional Hospital for treatment of injuries, according to a sheriff’s report.
Police Department News
• 5:02 p.m. Wednesday, 400 block of South Main Street, a 31-year-old Overland Park woman reported a 17-year-old girl as a runaway.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Wednesday: 300 block of Walnut Street, public assist; 200 block of Edgewood Drive, medical call; 700 block of Main Street, civil matter.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 7:26 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of North Main Street, fire in dumpster or other outside receptacle.
• 8:48 a.m. Thursday, 700 block of East Third Street, authorized controlled burning.